longevity

Discussion in 'General Slingshot Discussions' started by thomasmaca45, Dec 7, 2013.

1. thomasmaca45

thomasmaca45 Member

I am soon going to be building a slingshot crossbow and i will be using Thera tube silver and stretching it from 20cm to 70cm (3.5 times). i am hoping for the bands to last for a very long time.
    So can you give me any idication of how many shots i will get???
    Have you used Thera tube silver, how many shots did you get???

now to my last question what rubber will last the longest?

thanks for your time.

2. Withak

Withak aka Whitehawk!

3. ruthiexxxx

ruthiexxxx ruthiexxxx

I don't think you'll go far wrong with TTS. I've only got it on one slingbow (though I did have it on one of my slingshots) and it's not showing any signs of wear as yet. Mind you I've got the old stuff and I'm sure I heard that the new batch is not as strong. Purple DubDub might be another possibility maybe??

4. thomasmaca45

thomasmaca45 Member

Thank you ruthie,
    i know this is an annoying question but approximately how many shots would you have done with the Thera tube silver?

and what did you mean by the new batch wont be as strong?

5. ruthiexxxx

ruthiexxxx ruthiexxxx

Probably only a few hundred as I don't use that one (the survival slingbow) a great deal. But there is not the least suggestion of wear. But I also use TTS a lot for the Bunny Ears and they take a LOT of strain! Again, no indications of wear.

The info that the new TTS is not as strong came from Joerg. I seem to recall he said that it is not much stronger than TTBlack

6. thomasmaca45

thomasmaca45 Member

Thank you for your help