Long time browser, first time poster

Discussion in 'Welcome & Introductions' started by slingashot, Nov 21, 2013.

1. slingashot

slingashot Over 50's Member

Firstly, I would like to say hello to all of the Slingshot Channel members and enthusiasts.
    As the title suggests I stumbled onto the SC sometime just before the beginning of Zodiac monthly contest which Jorg organised a while ago and have been hooked ever since. I was, and still am amazed by the skill, patience and workmanship that you all put into your unbelievable slingshot creations. I am in awe of all of you and something to which I will never aspire too. Making my own bands and pouches is as far I will go. Something else I didn’t think I would do.
    There are many, many people on the SC that I would like to thank for passing on their advice and experience on so many topics of the slingshot art that has helped me so much. A special thanks to Jorg for getting me into slingshots, Theraband and all of the inspiration from his videos. I have been into archery for many years and was amazed at the accuracy I could get with arrows and thought there was no way one could be so accurate with a slingshot – then I saw a Bill Hays video. How wrong I was. I now have four Pocket Predators !!
    Again, thank you to all of you and loving it.

2. Obl1v1Aus

Obl1v1Aus Meh!

Welcome slingashot!
    This forum is quite possibly one of my favourite places to visit on the internet ( except maybe eBay when I've run out of theraband), the guys and gals here are some of the friendliest and most helpful I've ever come across on a forum.

What do you think of the pocket predator? I almost bought one and then opted for a Scout from Simple-Shot, I might look at them again for my next commercial slingshot.

3. slingashot

Hi Obl1v1Aus,
    i love the Pocket Predators - I have a full size Hathcock, small Hathcock, Ranger and Target Tac. I have a Boy Scout and Seal on it's way to me.
    ( I also ordered a Scout from Simple-Shot last week), My favourites are the small Hathcock and the Ranger, mainly because they seem to fit my hand better than the others although they all shoot as good as each other.

4. Will

Will Thread Hijacker

Hello! Glad that you have joined us here! This is a great place, full of some genuinely good people that are always happy to help. I hope you enjoy your time here, and happy shooting!

5. Jeremy

Jeremy Senior member who totally rocks a pink Scout! Pink

Welcome to the forum. I too almost purchased a Pocket Predator, but decided to got with the Scout instead. I may have to get a Pocket Predator down the road though.

6. Withak

Withak aka Whitehawk!

Welcome to the forum! I hope you'll reconsider trying to make a slingshot yourself. Everyone here had to start somewhere, and there are great folks here that can help you with any question you have. If you can find a fork and have some very basic tools you have all you need to get started. I made my first one just a few months ago and each fork I make allows me to learn something new I can apply to the next build. Give it a go and let us know how it turns out.

7. Lacumo

Lacumo Member

Welcome to SSC! My two mainstays so far are my PP HTS and my Flippinout Scout. They’re both pretty hard to complain about and they’ll both probably outlive me...

8. Flipgun

Flipgun Well-Known Member

Welcome! A lot of people start off buying. One day they make one of their own and they are lost. It is so satisfying to take a stick or some scrap wood and make something that actually does Something! Anytime you think that you need some help, just ask. Anytime You can help, feel free to offer.

Red Green says, "We're all in this together and we're lookin' out for ya!"

9. slingashot

Thanks for all of the encouragement to make an SS - If I ever the urge to even attempt to make one, you will be the first to know. I would post it on here so everyone could have a laugh !! :D

10. BeMahoney

BeMahoney Builder of things

Hi slingashot,

welcome aboard!
    I´m not a gambler,
    but i would bet this
    lovely bunch of creative people will
    make and aid you building many more
    things than you think today ;)

Feel welcome,
    nice to heve you around!

Be

11. Ghosth

Ghosth Over the hill but still swinging!

Hey Slingashot, I'm 61, I had a few slingshots in my younger years, nothing I built myself. Even had a wrist rocket in my teens, but I wasn't that accurate with it.

Now after hanging out here for a few months I'm building slingshots, shooting, and getting accurate enough to be scary!

Just hang, wait till that ol bug bites, and go with the flow!

12. Brazilviking

Brazilviking Thread Hijacker

Bem vindo! Welcome and enjoy the forum!!!

13. slingashot

OK my friends, you talked me into it !! My first attempt is now showing on the 'Homemades' forum. Just look for the Green Harpee :D

14. Ghosth

Ghosth Over the hill but still swinging!

And a fine fine job you did! I think that bug is starting to nibble on you a little!