lil bit of gold

Discussion in 'Show off your homemades!' started by Antraxx, Jul 27, 2013.

1. Antraxx

Antraxx #7

Couldn´t resist any longer...had to follow the new Osage Orange Hype.
    Totally worth it, amazing wood to work with and very rewarding in terms of grain.
    Osage Orange, Brass, a bit of Vulcan Fibre, a few Pins and a Buffalohorn.
    Usual oil and wax finish, hope you like the result.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

I turned the grain on the handle to give it a different look. It´s not possible to capture that shifting/3dimensional look on photo, so i made a small clip to show you what i mean. Turn it 90° and the wood looks totally different. From solid gold to brown with golden lines. Really amazing stuff. Thank you girls and guys on this forum for bringing my attention to that wood

[​IMG]

Last edited: Jul 27, 2013
  2. Schultz

Schultz New Member

Wow, this is Magic! :eek:
    I don´t now what I should say...
    The wonderfull Wood, and the Buffalohorn is Amazing :eek:
    I think the best Slingshot, what I have ever seen! 1++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++ :D

3. Achso_42

Achso_42 Senior Member

Every time I see slingshots like this one I think it can't get any better...

It always does.

4. flicks

flicks ...lost in the woods....

OOOOOOuuuuuuuhhhhhhhh------WOW! That is really amazing Antraxx. Your masterpiece up to now imho and the photos - classy as always! Thanks for sharing!:cool:

5. onnod

onnod Im from Holland, isnt that weird?

Awesome!!!! I was expecting a bit of real gold but i was not disapointed!!!

6. Thistle

Thistle RESIGNED

[​IMG] Stunning piece of craftsmanship, Antraxx!

I have to agree with others. This is one of the best examples of Osage flair I've seen yet. I love the creative way you handled that grain to add emphasis and create visual paths and flowing movement in that piece.

A Golden beauty!

7. Antraxx

Antraxx #7

Thanks for your kind words :eek:

8. Flipgun

Flipgun Well-Known Member

Great use of the wood. Another thing photos don't show is the iridescence of the wood.

9. Will

Will Thread Hijacker

I don't even know what to say:eek:!
    I have never even considered that a shooter could be so beautiful. You could hang this in a museum of fine art any time!!
    Well done!!
    Was the Osage a natural piece that you harvested from?

10. Antraxx

Antraxx #7

Thats why i added the small clip. I have never seen that before too. No wonder it gets more and more popular!

It was a Board.

Thanks again für stopping by :)

11. tonyn

tonyn New Member

gorgeous bit of kit

12. LW

LW New Member

This is an incredibly good job, but this is probably unnecessary to mention the pictures speak for themselves. That material mix is outstanding.

I see you did some changes on the fork tips, very nice.

may I ask a few questions:
    Am I mistaken, or is the whole form more massive than the previous models?

Is it an adhesive or a black tube around the pins and at the center of the slingshot?

PS: …coming back to your offer with "slingshot giveaway 2013", may I send you my address? :D

13. Antraxx

Antraxx #7

Yes indeed, i wanted a simpler design that won´t draw much attention away from the Slingshot itself.

Now when you said that i assumed you were right. But then i took out two of the Zebrano ones and one from oak and this golden one is actually around 2-3mm thinner on the handle compared to "his and hers" for example.
    The fork is a 2mm thicker compared to the same catapults, but again smaller then on the oak frames.
    So i don´t know really. Maybe the grain plays a role? If you hold it in your hand (like on the clip. my hands are average i think) it feels quite slim and elegant.

The Center? Do you mean that Angle? "^" ?
    That angle-border between fork and handle is vulcan fibre.

The Pin in the middle of the fork is a Mosaik Pin. For that i colored the Epoxy black with a little bit of paint. I used that colored Epoys for the other pins also to stick to the theme. Driled the holes a bit larger and used that blackened glue.

I hope i could help. Thanks again for your kind posts. Really amazing community!

14. slingpit

slingpit Slingshot addicted

You are joking"Hope you like".
    I'm speechless.Hope you like it. :eek:

15. artons

artons New Member

Oooh man that one is stunning!
    A real piece of art...
    You're making me thinking about buying this wood, i love his structure, i'll look for some pieces

16. FIAAO

FIAAO Failureisalwaysanoption

Holy *****! That is... it's... I mean...

Aaargh! I cannot describe this beauty with words! It's like... [​IMG]

Just wow.

17. Alukuchen

Alukuchen Senior Member

Wonderful! Can't be done any better! :)

18. thechristiantodd

thechristiantodd New Member

Anthraxx...how on earth do you do this?! :eek: My eyes are actually watering from how stunning this is. I'm with Will, this thing could proudly sit in a museum as a testament to sling shot perfection. How you keep leaving me astounded like this I'll never know...Insane.

19. Arturo Borquez

Arturo Borquez Administrator

Holy SHHHHH*****TTTT ... :eek: :eek: :eek: makes my eyes bleeding :eek: :eek: :eek: I need urgently the "Men in Black" spectacles ... :cool: ohh saved my eyes ...
    Cheers
    Arturo