Legality of whips in Belgium.

Discussion in 'Laws and Regulations' started by ultimatelizardman, Oct 24, 2013.

1. Since the weapon law appears to make no mention of whips or similar "lashing weapons", i would appreciate it if someone here could inform me on the legal status of such items in Belgium.

2. Obl1v1Aus

Obl1v1Aus Meh!

Most whips are designed for animal control so not noramlly designated as a weapon, and in most cases you don't use them to actually hit the animal your trying to control its the crack of the whip you want.
    They aren't the most effective weapons, while they hurt like hell to be hit by they dont really do much damage, definitly not enough to disable an attacker.

I can't find any laws specifically relating to whips or their like in South Australia (and we are heavily restricted on what we can and can't have). you might have the same situation in belgium, maybe get in contact with your local law enforcement the worst they can say is no.

3. ruthiexxxx

ruthiexxxx ruthiexxxx

There are many things I would choose over a whip as a weapon. But if I found that i had only that to hand then i think i could defend myself with my 5' snakewhip. It took a long time to learn to crack the tip exactly where needed but i became pretty accurate. Normally it would only be done on safe areas but face hits would be pretty devastating in self-defence.

4. Obl1v1Aus

Obl1v1Aus Meh!

I totally agree with you ruthie, if it was the only thing at hand I think I could do the same though I'm a bit out of practice with a whip.

I didn't even consider a face hit, I've been hit in the head and face with a lot of things over the years (some my own fault and some not) but the thought of a copping a whip in the face makes my eyes water!

I might have to dust off the stockman and see how much I remember.

**POST VERY CAREFULLY EDITED TO REMOVE UNINTENTIONAL INNUENDO**