Laws of Scandinavia

Discussion in 'Laws and Regulations' started by The Slinger, Nov 14, 2013.

1. The Slinger

The Slinger Member

Does anyone know anything about the laws regarding slingshots and similar weapons and "toys"

2. Withak

Withak aka Whitehawk!

According to this article, slingshots are illegal in Norway:

http://www.loc.gov/law/help/firearms-control/norway.php

All I can say is, I'm glad I live where I do. Looks like Norway is highly restrictive on just about anything that can be considered a weapon.

But I would strongly recommend you do some research in country to make sure you have the most accurate and up to date information. I don't recall seeing anyone else from Norway on this forum, but I suppose they could be out there.

Same likes this.

3. The Slinger

The Slinger Member

you are very lucky to be where you are, with laws changing every time you pass a state border.
    some times i wish laws regarding weapons would be more specific. just look at norway! every thing which can be considered a weapon is illegal, but we have laws for a purpose don't we. if we didn't, some f*****g lunatic(s) will come around every other day and ruin everything he sees, refering to 9th of november 2001 in the US and 22nd of juli 2011 in norway.
    but since i am still underage i think i am not suposed to be in possetion of any leathal weapons like slingshots or guns, however i believe there is a loophole in the laws regarding knives, some are legal as long as they do not exeed some standards when it comes lo length, sharpness, weith, pointiness and in which sircumstances they are carried.

Same likes this.
  4. dolomite

dolomite Banned

I think you mean the 11th of september 2001, the worst attack on americans by their own government ever. Laws wouldn't have prevented either scenario, people on a personal or monetary mission wil always find a way to do their evil.

5. The Slinger

The Slinger Member

yeah...........
    sorry about that.
    i meant september.
    you see norwegians write dates different from brittish and american people, in other words like the rest of the world,but in this case it was my own fault that i wrote the wrong month.
    Please, do correct me if i am wrong (again)

6. Nordlys

Nordlys New Member

Hi all

Denmark is the same....if it's fun...there are rulles

I don't mind, but pepole with bad intentions don't follow ruels, so every time some one they screws up. It just means New ruels to restrict us "normal" pepole
    As far as I know slingshots are as illegale her as crossbow's...why I don't know.
    As a kid we made plenty
    And I'm going to make some now both for the kids and me

7. vestlenning

vestlenning Sling it!

Well, Denmark and the rest of Scandinavia is a pretty safe corner of the world...

Slingshots ("sprettert") are forbidden in Norway, but according to instructions to the police the law is targeting commercial bad ass slingshots, not the normal homemade ones.

Ref https://www.politi.no/vedlegg/lokale_vedlegg/politidirektoratet/Vedlegg_998.pdf (in Norwegian):

"2.5.5 Spretterter

Ved endringen av den tidligere våpenforskriften (i kraft 1. januar 2000) ble det innført
    forbud mot å kjøpe, erverve, eie eller inneha spretterter. Direktoratet understreker at dette
    forbudet først og fremst er ment å ramme de kraftige maskinproduserte sprettertene for
    omsetning på det kommersielle markedet. Forbudet er derfor ikke ment å ramme såkalte
    «husflidspretterter», dvs. hjemmelagede trespretterter e.l."

Last edited: Jun 23, 2015
  8. Flipgun

Flipgun Well-Known Member

I think it is one of those situations where the law is, "Don't be stupid, don't get caught."

9. Nordlys

Nordlys New Member

I agree with Flipgun!

My Dad is a policeman, and he helped make some of Them :)
    So it's Not all bad.
    and yes Scandinavia is pretty Safe, I guess.
    My point is that we have law's against most weapon-like things.
    And it seems to be the norm here...
    We now have a "Knife-law", that in the beginning mad buying say a kitchen Knife in the supermarket ok, but taking it home illegal.
    It's been "fixed" now, but that was pretty stupid! :)
    /Jesper

10. Nordlys

Nordlys New Member

Oh...and Vestlenning is spot on!

It's the "strap-to-your-arm" powerfull Slingshot's that the rull is targeting.
    My Dad Said that like the Knife-law, they look at who and what is using it and for what.
    /Jesper