Latex supplier

Discussion in 'General Slingshot Discussions' started by Haze, Dec 20, 2013.

1. Haze

Haze New Member

Hi can anyone tell me where I can get latex strips or sheet to cut my own bands from?

2. VWscooby

VWscooby Senior Member

Exercise bands are great for this. Theraband is what most people use but any work really, and they come in a variety of strengths too. Any sports shop, department store or ebay/amazon etc will stock them.

If you mean pure latex then Im not sure and the above paragraph wont be helpful at all!

3. Withak

Withak aka Whitehawk!

One of the advertisers here - SimpleShot carries bulk latex (along with other elastic products like Theraband) if that's what you're looking for. I've made an order through them myself. Otherwise, I have been getting all of my raw band material off of Ebay - it's been the best pricing I can find in most cases.

http://www.simple-shot.com/collections/bulk-elastics

4. VWscooby

VWscooby Senior Member

Bit of a hijack but what are the differences between latex exercise bands (like Theraband) and pure latex bands? In terms of construction, properties and use?

5. JoergS

JoergS Administrator

Theraband is almost pure latex, they just added some chemicals to make it a bit more resistant against sunlight, and also they added some colors obviously.

These additives lowers the performance as there are fewer rubber molecules in the material. But the bands last longer even if exposed to sunlight. The latex bands sometimes are gone bad after a single summer day in the sun. Theraband is designed to lay around in gyms for years.

The performance difference is small, about 5% maybe, noticeable only when shooting smaller ammo.

6. kohlqez

kohlqez Accident-Prone

Along with most everything imaginable you can find elastics online, particularly Amazon.com

7. VWscooby

VWscooby Senior Member

And now I know! Thanks :)

8. Haze

Haze New Member

Thanks. Found it after my post :p