Lars' Calt in TTF/OTF

Discussion in 'Show off your homemades!' started by Ravensbull, Nov 4, 2013.

1. Ravensbull

Ravensbull New Member

This has quickly become my favorite hunter so far with .40 cal lead! Banded with 1"×5/8"×10" Gold's Gym Green and old boot tongue pouch. Thanks for looking and thanks Lars for the grippy and stabble pattern!

Attached Files:

2. xXdoomXx

xXdoomXx Junior threadjacker ag. J

I love the ergo and wood

J

3. JohnKrakatoa

JohnKrakatoa Loudest boom on Earth

Is that wood? What kind? Canihazadetail pic of the frame?

4. Ravensbull

Ravensbull New Member

Thanks Doom! Yes it is wood. It's an attempt to be stained minwax ebony but did not accept it heavily... No finish yet as I will try to get it darker first. The wood is a maple laminate similar to multiplex by having 13 layers in 3/4" (19 mm) but all layers are parallel in grain. The raw panels I recieved for free from my neighbor and were 24"×29"×1 7/8" thick. 18 panels in total! HUGE SCORE! Although 6 or 7 are warped or a bit twisted. I was told they are cast offs from a company that makes them for a couple of the major bow manufactures for risers/grips. He (my neighbor) was going to burn them for home heating till he realized the glues/epoxies may cause a chimney fire. So I really lucked out! What a tremendous waste that would have been!!!

5. JohnKrakatoa

wow nice haul indeed

6. Ravensbull

Ravensbull New Member

Attached Files:

7. JohnKrakatoa

prettyy...looks metalic almost

8. slingpit

slingpit Slingshot addicted

9. Ravensbull

Ravensbull New Member

Hey guys, many thanks for the comments and views and sorry for the delinquency giving those thanks..! No disrespect to Lars, but I cut and put this together as a "worker/squirrel wacker.." Hence the reason it wasn't an intended beauty pagent contestant by no means but very accurate, even if not as powerful as possible with more appropriate bands and a more consistant handler... Also, I wasn't sure if it's ok or approved to post any hunting success pictures considering many viewers may be sensitive to it. If it's a go-just say so! Then we let some redneck Gore flow

10. Brazilviking

Brazilviking Thread Hijacker

Hunting pictures usually result in hijacking of the thread, Ravensbull.....
    I'll put this sign here just in case.....:D:D

Attached Files:

11. Ravensbull

Ravensbull New Member

4:20 a.m. here Doc! If I get High-Jacked, wether it be uppity or down low now, and it causes discerning issues, I certainly hope (pray to Odin) I have an M.D. with a bit of a psychiatric background to put any legal matters in my potential favor!

12. Lars

Lars The Evil Genious

haha thanks that you like the design
    and great how you changed it (i drawed it too but i thought it looks ugly and trashed it :) )
    and also really great slingshot!!