Kopis and Gladius.

Discussion in 'Knives, Swords, and other bladed weapons' started by Wanimator, Jul 12, 2013.

1. Wanimator

Wanimator Banned

Okay, so to start off... they are larger than I expected (A good thing, I am rather large, not fat) And well... They are amazing, the Gladius actually comes with a tag that says "WARNING: This "Machete" has a long, narrow, very sharp point and edge. Use extreme caution when handling it and especially when insterting it in the sheath or when removing it from the sheath. DANGER! BE CAREFUL!

You also may be wondering, "Wanimator, what one would you use against zombies!? (or anything bad etc. etc.) uhm... Well I can't decide, the Gladius' "quicker draw" is still up for debate, as it naturally is stiff in the sheath, well I mean good stiff, like if you turn it upside down, it won't fall out etc., BUT that style of sheath while having more pros than cons... makes for a SLOWER draw time, and maybe just slow enough where I can draw the Kopis that has a stiff 6 inches of blade or so along with 3 snaps around as quick! It also has a MEAN MEAN thrusting point, they made it very nice for stabbing, even though it's a chopping weapon. BUT the Gladius can thrust a little more naturally, and is double edged making more wound with the stab, while the Kopis will have a wider wound but with more time used.

Attached Files:

Last edited: Jul 13, 2013
  2. Will

Will Thread Hijacker

Either the pictures didn't post or those are the new, deadly invisible blades:D
    I sure can't see them!

3. Wanimator

Wanimator Banned

I don't feel like writing and taking pictures right now, I'm a little tired. But give me some time.

4. Will

Will Thread Hijacker

Oh, that's understandable. I just thought that something had gone wrong with a link.

5. Wanimator

Wanimator Banned

Put some pictures up. Expect better text...

6. Will

Will Thread Hijacker

Ah, very nice! I like them both, but that kopis is quite a mean looking instrument! Glad you got them, now you can have some fun!

7. Schultz

Schultz New Member

Looks Nice but Please be Careful this Time!
    Hit especially not with the Gladius on Wood which absorbs/springs, so that the Sword hit backwards. I hope you know what I mean.

8. Wanimator

Wanimator Banned

Haha thanks. I will. I will. Funny thing is the gladius I have in particular has been proved to be able to chop half an arm off with the flick of a wrist. Let alone the freaking Kopis... (actually the Kopises were going through and mailing tubes like a Katana with the flick of a wrist.) If it flew back at me... It'd be bad. But it won't bounce back, it'd sink good, still very crucial advice.

9. Otees

Otees Another Member

10. Wanimator

Wanimator Banned

I agree. I just removed the production stickers, (I have a good technique you may have trouble with the removal) and they have no dirty secrets or anything underneath. Those stickers had some good adhesive, and no anti rust coating was removed, great purchase.

11. Wanimator

Wanimator Banned

Hopefully my friend invites me over today... I'd get some field use in.

12. Slagskimmer Mike

Slagskimmer Mike thinks TBG smells better than roses

Those are wicked. Money well spent, if what I hear about Cold Steel is true.

The bushmaster knife/spearhead has been in the back of my mind since I saw it on Zombie go Boom.

Let us know your impressions of them in the field.

13. Wanimator

Wanimator Banned

Will do. I really really really enjoy your replys, keep them coming!