knife slingshot

Discussion in 'New project ideas' started by rock slinger, Jun 26, 2013.

1. rock slinger

rock slinger I rarely shoot rocks!

http://www.crkt.com/Folts-Minimalist-Neck-Knife-Razor-Sharp-Edge

In the link above is my knife that I carry everyday. I'm looking to incorporate this knife into a slingshot. I especially like the finger grooves and small handle. I plan on buying a second knife and building the slingshot based of the knife since I have no knife making ability. But I want to make the blade secure enough for heavy work. with the limited amount of metal to work with I don't think that it will be secure enough. Can anyone lead me to what is the absolute best thing that I should do? Thank you in advance.

2. Will

Will Thread Hijacker

I'm a little confused. Is the blade not secure enough for the things you use it for? Or not sturdy enough to be used for a SS grip? Did you maybe have a little drawing you could post? It would really help us see what you have in mind.

3. Slagskimmer Mike

Slagskimmer Mike thinks TBG smells better than roses

The handle size in the picture looks like you will be making a pickle fork, or a mini ss.

Not really sure what you have in mind.

4. rock slinger

rock slinger I rarely shoot rocks!

The blade is secure ,\but, I want to make the slingshot handle full size. So this means that the blade needs something to go behind it. So I don't think that just wood would be the best handle material.