Just too screwed up

Discussion in 'Off Topic' started by mikehunt042084, Dec 18, 2012.

1. I have said before I am not a very good Buddhist but I am not sure I can even in good peace of mind hold to my non-violence anymore. All these idiots running around shooting kids, I'm on the verge of pulling a vigilante move to set shit right again.

2. MaddyMax

MaddyMax New Member

<table width="90%" cellspacing="1" cellpadding="0" border="0" align="center">
    <tr><td><span class="genmed"><b>mikehunt042084 wrote:</b></span></td></tr>
    <tr><td class="quote">I have said before I am not a very good Buddhist but I am not sure I can even in good peace of mind hold to my non-violence anymore. All these idiots running around shooting kids, I'm on the verge of pulling a vigilante move to set shit right again.</td></tr>
    </table>
    <span class="postbody"><br><br>heard about it in the news. sad thing. but no one could know before something like this happen. no ones able to see whats going on in people's minds. ya always hear: "he was such a nice guy" and things. which move do you mean?</span>

3. the I grab my knives, put on a dark jacket and start hunting crackheads move.<br><br><br>And yes it is never "announced" these people will do these things, but if every school had a couple people who's job was to stand gaurd with a rifle it would be cut down dramatically. That may just be the ex military coming out of me but I'd rather my daughter saw a few guys with assault weapons around her school than some asshole showing up with one and shooting at the place. As it stands my daughter is either going to be homeschooled or I am getting my "gaurd card" back and I'm working at her school.

4. MaddyMax

MaddyMax New Member

yeah i know what you feel. but i have to add, that could be limited by stricter laws for weapons that are used to kill as much people as possible in short time. does a hunter need fully automatic weapons? not even needed for self defence, except the regime or something would go after their own people ...<br><br>i know, you have a different few on this. i'm european.

5. <table width="90%" cellspacing="1" cellpadding="0" border="0" align="center">
    <tr><td><span class="genmed"><b>MaddyMax wrote:</b></span></td></tr>
    <tr><td class="quote">yeah i know what you feel. but i have to add, that could be limited by stricter laws for weapons that are used to kill as much people as possible in short time. does a hunter need fully automatic weapons? not even needed for self defence, except the regime or something would go after their own people ...<br><br>i know, you have a different few on this. i'm european.</td></tr>
    </table>
    <span class="postbody"><br><br><br>I do have a different view, similar only twisted. "Gun control" has yet to keep weapons out of the hands of "bad guys", only the average person (it's like making drugs illegal, didn't work). Even if they did take every gun from every person people would still find guns. Usually the bad ones so they can commit crimes. If everyone was given a shotgun and pistol at 18 crime would go down, I promise! No one wants to try to rob an armed person, arm everyone! Watch crime dwindle.</span>

6. MaddyMax

MaddyMax New Member

how many people does it need to control who's bad? especially when everybody has a gun? there are also bad policemen, bad politican, bad weapon dealers, ...<br><br>when it comes to that, everyone owns a gun: be quicker or be dead.<br><br>i think automatic weapons only for law enforcements is better. stricter laws on how you store the weapons, that kids can't get them. just my opinion.<br><br>anyway, i've really go to sleep now. bye

7. tokSick

tokSick Senior Member

I was shocked when i saw(on tv) the second plane hiting the second tower on 9/11 and the people jumping out the windows. But hearing what happended to those innocent kids... I was not only shocked, i had tears in my eyes and was angry. I still feeling bad 'caus i know i can do nothing but listen to all the shit happening in this world.

8. <table width="90%" cellspacing="1" cellpadding="0" border="0" align="center">
    <tr><td class="quote">how many people does it need to control who's bad? especially when everybody has a gun? there are also bad policemen, bad politican, bad weapon dealers, ...<br><br>when it comes to that, everyone owns a gun: be quicker or be dead.<br><br>i think automatic weapons only for law enforcements is better. stricter laws on how you store the weapons, that kids can't get them. just my opinion.<br><br>anyway, i've really go to sleep now. bye</td></tr>
    </table>
    <span class="postbody"><br><br>I understand your view, and am totally behind you! I think that people playing these violent games and not having any actual experience on what guns lead to this stupidity. Automatic weapons are only for killing and should be regulated, but if EVERYONE had a handgun there would be less robberies. As for the cops and politicians I can't give any advice there. I'm just a poor "peasant" after all and not fit to instruct the government.</span>

9. <table width="90%" cellspacing="1" cellpadding="0" border="0" align="center">
    <tr><td><span class="genmed"><b>tokSick wrote:</b></span></td></tr>
    <tr><td class="quote">I was shocked when i saw(on tv) the second plane hiting the second tower on 9/11 and the people jumping out the windows. But hearing what happended to those innocent kids... I was not only shocked, i had tears in my eyes and was angry. I still feeling bad 'caus i know i can do nothing but listen to all the shit happening in this world.</td></tr>
    </table>
    <span class="postbody"><br><br><br>I'm still too angry to cry, that will come in droves once I can assure my daghter being safe in her life. I have been praying and meditating for the last couple days and I cannot get this rage out of my heart, I have done so many exercises in the last 2 days to force myself out of being a marchmallow I have gained 12 pounds and put 2 inches on each of my arms. I felt more at ease when people were shooting at me.</span>

10. MaddyMax

MaddyMax New Member

i think about this like this:<br><br>shit happens. but not all the time and not everywhere. i don't want to live in fear.<br><br>still i don't know how i would react, if my daughter gets killed though ...<br><br>some things you cannot prevent. just hope it will not happen to you.

11. <table width="90%" cellspacing="1" cellpadding="0" border="0" align="center">
    <tr><td class="quote">i think about this like this:<br><br>shit happens. but not all the time and not everywhere. i don't want to live in fear.<br><br>still i don't know how i would react, if my daughter gets killed though ...<br><br>some things you cannot prevent. just hope it will not happen to you.</td></tr>
    </table>
    <span class="postbody"><br><br><br><br>Shit happens, this is true. I just won't be letting it happen anywhere near my child. I have been shot at and stabbed before, it's nothing new (that type of violence is why i took up the teaching of buddha) but I will be damned if my child has to experience it. I never hope bad things don't happen, I make it my mission to prevent them.</span>

12. MaddyMax

MaddyMax New Member

as i said, not all things you can prevent. some things happen too sudden without any sign. but you can reduce possibilities. like move to saver places for example. but weaponise all people including all these crackheads and dumbasses will not work.

13. <table width="90%" cellspacing="1" cellpadding="0" border="0" align="center">
    <tr><td class="quote">as i said, not all things you can prevent. some things happen too sudden without any sign. but you can reduce possibilities. like move to saver places for example. but weaponise all people including all these crackheads and dumbasses will not work.</td></tr>
    </table>
    <span class="postbody"><br><br>not all things you are correct, I can't be there ALL the time. But I still say arm everyone, crackheads can barely light a cigarette let alone aim a gun lol (I was just shot at a few days ago, you'd be suprised how few people can hit the broad side of an elephant's ass)</span>

14. I'll drop it, thank you for calming me down MaddyMax, I'll leave ya be and let you get to bed. Get some rest before work bro!

15. MaddyMax

MaddyMax New Member

than i'll hope they want to shoot me, not another person next to me lol<br><br>sounds really not save there overseas. i live in vienna. here's no daily shootout, afaik ...

16. MaddyMax

MaddyMax New Member

yeah, you're right. so long then...

17. <table width="90%" cellspacing="1" cellpadding="0" border="0" align="center">
    <tr><td class="quote">than i'll hope they want to shoot me, not another person next to me lol<br><br>sounds really not save there overseas. i live in vienna. here's no daily shootout, afaik ...</td></tr>
    </table>
    <span class="postbody"><br><br>lol, right? But my guilt would kick in if someone got hurt in the place of me. I'm weird like that.</span>

18. <table width="90%" cellspacing="1" cellpadding="0" border="0" align="center">
    <tr><td class="quote">yeah, you're right. so long then...</td></tr>
    </table>
    <span class="postbody"><br><br><br>And sorry if I was being a dick, I tend to get emotional over things like that. Sleep well man.</span>

19. MaddyMax

MaddyMax New Member

wanted to do a last check and did right. i didn't mean that i wish that other persons will get shot near me. just meant i wish he don't want to shoot another person and hit me (or any other person).<br><br>anyway. you showed, that you're a normal human being with normal human feelings and showed, that you care for others. that proofed, you're no asshole and can be proud of that. no need for excuses! stay and go further like that.

20. <table width="90%" cellspacing="1" cellpadding="0" border="0" align="center">
    <tr><td class="quote">wanted to do a last check and did right. i didn't mean that i wish that other persons will get shot near me. just meant i wish he don't want to shoot another person and hit me (or any other person).<br><br>anyway. you showed, that you're a normal human being with normal human feelings and showed, that you care for others. that proofed, you're no asshole and can be proud of that. no need for excuses! stay and go further like that.</td></tr>
    </table>
    <span class="postbody"><br><br><br>Thankyou, I worry sometimes that I am not a good person.</span>