Just thought I'd share...

Discussion in 'Off Topic' started by Withak, Jan 6, 2014.

1. Withak

Withak aka Whitehawk!

Heading to work this morning, up on "pill hill" (OHSU) in Portland, OR to train some hospital staff on one of our systems. Coming off the aerial tram from the parking area down at the base of the hill, you are sometimes given the chance to witness some spectacular sunrises. I grabbed a few quick shots with my phone and thought I'd pass a couple along. The mountain in the background is Mt. Hood (11,250 feet - 3,429M). This time of year the sun comes up far south of Mt Hood. In the summer time, the sun comes up almost right behind it, making for some breathtaking mornings here in the Pacific NW. The building in the foreground of the 2nd photo is part of the aerial tram tower at OHSU.

Sorry the quality isn't better, but it's the best you can do with a 5mp cell phone sensor. I think you can at least get the idea :)

Attached Files:

2. Obl1v1Aus

Obl1v1Aus Meh!

If thats not an inspiring start to a working day I don't know what is.

3. AngelicScars

AngelicScars MILF of the board

4. onnod

onnod Im from Holland, isnt that weird?

Beautiful sunrise sir! Especially the second pic with the lights from the city is really nice!

Sent from my GT-I9300 using Slingshot Forum mobile app

5. VWscooby

VWscooby Senior Member

Nature - The worlds first artist.

Nothing much beats a perfect sunrise or sunset :)

6. Jeremy

Jeremy Senior member who totally rocks a pink Scout! Pink

Absolutely beautiful. Can't think of a better way to start the work day and week.

7. Will

Will Thread Hijacker

Beautiful pictures! Its hard to beat this state for beauty (and the weather is perfect for me too)! I've seen that tram go by several times and think it would be a blast to take a ride!
    Thanks for sharing Withak!

8. Schultz

Schultz New Member

Really Beautiful! :cool:

9. Awesome! I rarely get to see the sunrise anymore. Have a three year old that keeps me too tired lol.

10. slingpit

slingpit Slingshot addicted

Realy nice view. A good start in the morning. This is a picture from the last day in Hattingen. Nearly T-Shirt weather .:cool:

Attached Files:

11. beaverIII73

beaverIII73 Junior Member

Here is one of my favorite sunrises on the Ohio River I took this fall.

Attached Files:

12. Withak

Withak aka Whitehawk!

It's only $4 for a round-trip ride. I highly recommend it, it's a unique way to see Portland that you can't see otherwise. It does run on Saturday, so if you have a Saturday off, you may try it while you're here. Fair warning, if heights bother you, the cabin does swing a bit when you cross the tower, just be forewarned. I've seen people just about pass out when that cabin starts rocking - not that I'm suggesting you would do that ;)

13. Withak

Withak aka Whitehawk!

Beautiful. Every person I know that's been to Germany says it's very much like Oregon. Visiting Germany some day is on my to-do list. Along with about 50 other places :D

14. Withak

Withak aka Whitehawk!

Love it. Nice photo.

15. Flipgun

Flipgun Well-Known Member

Nice Photo's. Of course, the only time I like to see sunrise is when I'm going to bed instead of work.:cool: