Just how I roll... make slingshots, shoot a little, a little bit 'o fun

Discussion in 'General Slingshot Discussions' started by Predator, Aug 4, 2013.

1. Predator

Predator Junior Member

I had a couple of guys on here say they've never seen me shoot... so I thought I'd go ahead and post a little something along those lines for you...

I make a lot of slingshots, many from G10 and other hazardous when sanding (dust) materials... and It's really hot outside so I have to take breaks to prevent myself from getting heat sickness... I already had a bout with it this year, and I don't want another.... so while I take breaks from the respirator mask and cool off, it's common for me to shoot a little....
    Well the kids got this really nice old fashion style metronome and like a cat seeing someone tease it with a ball of yarn, I had to pounce!
    Nabbed the metronome and attached a match to the arm... what resulted was some interesting fun... a new challenge or two... and quite possibly one of the better focus training tools a person could use....

Here you go, check it out if you like:

[ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UpOpVix6LLg[/ame]

2. Arturo Borquez

Arturo Borquez Administrator

Incredible shoots Bill ! I could never do such thing ... maybe destroying the metronome :D !
    Cheers
    Arturo

3. Brazilviking

Brazilviking Thread Hijacker

4. ArnoldKelly

ArnoldKelly Renaissance Redneck

Amazing shot! To be able to hit it, let alone LIGHT the match, is just crazy. :)

5. Hardtimes

Hardtimes Member

Were not worthy!!!

[ame="http://youtu.be/gXN1yxax448"]not worthy[/ame]

Last edited: Aug 4, 2013
  6. Will

Will Thread Hijacker

I would have destroyed the metronome, the camera, and bruised whatever animals that may be off in the distance, but I couldn't light that match to save my as...um...life!!:eek:

7. flicks

flicks ...lost in the woods....

Unbelievable and very impressive Bill. If anybody had asked me if that would be possible I had answered "never ever". Thanks for confirming the reverse!

8. xXdoomXx

xXdoomXx Junior threadjacker ag. J

Put your hand up in the air if you think he is not human :)

J

9. Schultz

Schultz New Member

Really great Video! I saw many times, that you hit small Things.
    But this is really Amazing! 1++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++spam

10. ruthiexxxx

ruthiexxxx ruthiexxxx

OMG...what incredible shooting !! If I tried that the metronome would be TOAST!

11. Thistle

Thistle RESIGNED

Piece of cake. I can do that -- NOT! Totally unreal.

@ Will, that is hilarious. We gotta scoot you on over to Texas for Sensei Hays lessons. [​IMG]

12. dannytsg

dannytsg Senior Member

Great shooting as always

13. LW

LW New Member

Incredible if I had not seen it, I would not believe it...:eek:

Your videos are always an incentive for me, to practice and practice. And it is no secret the key for good shooting is PRACTICE. I can see the results every day.

On the other hand, your videos are discouraging for me, because I believe one lifetime is not enough for practicing and being that accurate...:(

14. Tremoside

Tremoside SINdustrial designer

Your skills are not form this planet :)

I'm a talker kind of guy, so please don't take it too seriously.

When I've started watching your videos a time ago I went through a self analysis. Am I really want to make slingshots? Is it worth the time and effort to take it seriously or I just have to turn off YouTube and search for the easiest way to find my pleasure in shooting? When I realized your skills I thought you put too much pressure on the viewer. It's just impossible for an average person like me - I sad. But had to surmount in the absence of my skills. So started to watch your uploads back and forth. What makes you a great tutor is your honest and objective manner in every aspect. No perkiness, no pomposity just pure orientation on sharing and giving from your treasure-house.

I'm still not as good in shooting as I want to be, but you show goals to turn my head to.

I can't add or show anything just my words but I had to grab the keyboard.

Thank you for this thread,
    Mark

15. Will

Will Thread Hijacker

^^
    Very well-said Tremo! I've always really admired Mr Hays for the down-to-earth attitude and kind, friendly encouragement clearly demonstrated in his videos:)

16. Snader76

Snader76 Dysfunctional Member

17. Predator

Predator Junior Member

Thanks Guys... just trying to stay cool here!

So many of you all are saying how you would destroy the metronome.... I'm sure if you tried the shot you'd surprise yourselves... it really wasn't as hard as I thought it would be. Literally I cut the match on the first try and was able to get a light up when I came back to this shot on my next break... My mind was just visualizing how to do it over and over as I worked and then bam it was able to be done.

Honestly I think many many of you guys have the same abilities... it's just a matter of getting out there and trying some new things.... Anyway, that's my take on what I've seen recently, for example in the Pocket Predator shooting contest.... 11 match lighters, with several doing multiples....

I think most of you guys are just under estimating yourselves... Your potential is so much greater than you know!

18. slingpit

slingpit Slingshot addicted

+1

19. tokSick

tokSick Senior Member

Awesome shots as always Mr. Hays. Thanks for sharing and encourage us in our shooting abilities.

20. FIAAO

FIAAO Failureisalwaysanoption

+1 :d