Just another Slingshot Rifle

Discussion in 'Show off your homemades!' started by Stama, Mar 31, 2012.

1. Stama

Stama New Member

The story of my Slingshot Rifle....<br><br>After I shot holes into my wall by accident I decided to change the ammo.... So I went to the local Store and came back with.... Yes, with airgun BBs. <br>Their diameter is about four and a half millimeters, and they are the cheapest ammo you can imagine.... 1500 BBs cost me about 7-8 Euros.... But theres a BIG disadvantage: Its difficult to shoot because the BBs are difficult to handle....<br><br>They also need a long draw length for getting enough speed to penetrate properly... (That means they should get through 3-4 layers of cardboard)<br><br>The solution of all that is a slingshot that <br><br><br>-> shoots 4.5mm steel balls<br>-> is easy to handle -> should have a self reloading mechanism<br>-> has a long draw length<br>-> shoots as accurate as possible<br>-> has enough power to penetrate cardboard/ thin wooden plates<br>-> is easy to build...<br><br><br>And thats what I built:<br><br>[​IMG]<br><br>By the way, the scope is about 30 cm long...<br><br>[​IMG]<br><br>It has a changeable fork, just for the case i`d like to put other bands on it....<br>It is also useful because you can pre-adjust the direction of the shot.<br><br>As you can see, I just fold the rubber bands, put a tiny bolt between it, stretch it and put it into the slot. It is The easiest and fastest way putting bands on (imo). It also prevents from handslaps in case you use it on a normal slingshot.

2. Stama

Stama New Member

[​IMG]<br><br>Here you can see how it works.<br>When you pull the trigger, the round (wooden) bolt comes down.<br><br>[​IMG]<br><br>[​IMG]<br><br><br>As you can see, there is a magnet that holds the BB into place on the wooden Bolt. Therefore it has a little cutout, and everytime you pull the trigger,<br>the cutout is in front of the little Aluminium tube. The tube goes into the magazine, which holds about 250 BBs.<br><br>[​IMG]<br><br>[​IMG]<br><br>[​IMG]

3. Stama

Stama New Member

Shooting:<br><br>Because of the law i am not allowed to shoot it at another place than my basement. It is a pitty I cannot test it on longer distances, but anyhow, its a lot of fun.<br><br><br><br><br>Having a little fun with wooden chips:<br><br>[​IMG]<br><br><br><br><br>Look how accurate it shoots:<br>The bulls eye`s diameter is about 15mm, distance was 4 metres.<br><br>The shots are just not perfectly in the middle due to missing skills... =)<br><br><br>[​IMG]

4. onnod

onnod Im from Holland, isnt that weird?

5. e_monster55

e_monster55 New Member

DDDDDDDDaaanmmmMMMMMMM-ah!!! I envy you skills, excellent work.

6. zamarion

zamarion New Member

thats a great system you got there mate

7. mr_paradox

mr_paradox New Member

Jorge is certainly influencing new designs.<br>The sight above the rail is similar to my idea.<br><br>I didn't like Jorge's trigger mech for his bullpup.<br>I replaced it with something like Mechanism #7 <br>Problem with that one, is when u cut parts out of wood they are "big".<br><br><a href="http://www.webarcherie.com/forum/index.php/topic/16046-mecanismes-de-declenchement/page__p__397095#entry397095" target="_blank" rel="nofollow">http://www.webarcherie.com/forum/index.php/topic/16046-mecanismes-de-declenchement/page__p__397095#entry397095</a><br><br>I like ur mechanism better since it takes less verticle space.<br>I have to examine closer.