just an idea

Discussion in 'General Slingshot Discussions' started by THEWEPONMASTER, Jul 11, 2013.

1. THEWEPONMASTER

THEWEPONMASTER New Member

I was braiding my wifes hair after i watched one of your vids and it got me thinking could you braid theraband to make it stronger just an idea leg me know what you think

THEWEPONMASTER

2. Wanimator

Wanimator Banned

I don't quite know if it will work.

3. What do you want?

Would you make a slingshot out of the hair from your wife?

Nonsense

4. studer1972

studer1972 scooter trash

Since the contraction speed of the bands depends on the surface are of the bands vs the interior rubber content, braiding shouldn't matter. It won't provide any improvement on surface area vs interior rubber content. Would probably look cool, though and might make band tangles less likely than folded or multi-layer setups. On the SSF there is a tutorial on braiding (instead of chaining) rubber bands for slingshot use.

5. Wanimator

Wanimator Banned

The braids may make it harder to pull though... And that could mean less power. (less stretch)

6. Flipgun

Flipgun Well-Known Member

A lot of people use rubber bands in braids and chains. If you are going to increase the area of surface friction you have to apply a lubricant to let the parts slide on each other. Many of the more experienced people recommend the use of unscented talcum powder. Put your whole rig in a box with a generous amount of powder and shake. You will have to wipe down the handle of course and your first few shots will look you are firing a muzzle loader, but a regular treatment will help prolong the life of the bands. However braiding of thereband is not a particularly efficient use of the rubber. Additional flat bands are easier to do and more efficient in delivery of power.

7. Wanimator

Wanimator Banned

Good explaination! I think Theraband Gold braided would be awful.