Joergs project? Blow dart gun

Discussion in 'New project ideas' started by GunGuy, Jan 12, 2014.

1. GunGuy

GunGuy Active Member

I am pretty sure this would be the place to pitch an idea for Joerg's YouTube channel. After watch almost every video he has made I came across the one with the Cold steel blow dart gun. I have always enjoyed shooting my cheap gun show blow dart guns, but like most people that enjoy shooting stuff down range I had to step things up, like adding 150psi of air pressure and new projectiles. I would love to see Joerg's creative spin on this with a band powered blow dart shooter. What do you guys think?

2. VWscooby

VWscooby Senior Member

Have you ever heard of an Airzooka? Great little toy that fires a 'ball' of air several yards. It could be adapted (ie made ridiculously powerful!) to do something like this.

3. kohlqez

kohlqez Accident-Prone

I tried something similar with a drain cleaning device. It was a gun thing that shot hand compressed air into a drain to dislodge whatever might be clogging it. I didn't do much adapting but I did stick it onto the mouthpiece of a blowgun and fired it at my dartboard. It went through the dartboard and the 3/4"" plywood behind it... still don't know where that dart is

4. coyote-1

coyote-1 Member

When I was a kid, there was a thing that looked like a bazooka. Pump it five or six times and it shot a 'ball' of air. What a great toy.

I have a .40 blowgun. Nice little toy, and the projectiles do hit with some impact. Might get a two-piece .62 soon, just because :)

5. Ghosth

Ghosth Over the hill but still swinging!

I'm much more accurate with my 4' .40 but the homemade half inch PVC blowgun hits a LOT harder.
    The .40 is much easier and more fun to shoot though.

If I was going to hunt with it I think I'd be using the big bore.

6. GunGuy

GunGuy Active Member

I have a 4 foot 0.40 that I kill mice with in the house using a blunt practice dart. My wife won't let me use real darts since I put up the new drywall. When I was experimenting with compressed air we were able to penetrate both sides of a 2 X 4 but the dart was destroyed in the process.

7. 4foruglenncoco

4foruglenncoco Member

[ame]http://youtu.be/W4i0LQlrBx8[/ame] :D

8. coyote-1

coyote-1 Member

Interesting... but it's a muzzleloader. Good for one shot.
    In which case, a smaller CO2 arrangement would work better if it exists.

9. 4foruglenncoco

4foruglenncoco Member

He has a 2.0 version that's not a muzzle loader

10. JoergS

JoergS Administrator

I did make a rubber adaption to the airowgun a while (4,5 years) ago.

[ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tyBmatkX4S0[/ame]

I guess that IS a rubber powered blowgun.

11. kohlqez

kohlqez Accident-Prone

I really want to build sling-blow but I can't find a good "plunger" for creating the air pressure

12. Will

Will Thread Hijacker

Try salvaging/recycling an old bicycle tire pump. This comes with a fine ready-made plunger

13. GunGuy

GunGuy Active Member

That is very similar to what I was thinking it should look like. Thanks Joerg I guess I haven't watched all of your videos yet. Is there a master list in chronological order somewhere? That way I could see how the whole slingshot channel came about.

14. mvd

mvd Builds with scrap

how about going to the channel and sorting the videos from oldest to newest?;)