Joerg's metal tube/pipe bolt-shooting slingshot - band attachment?

Discussion in 'General Slingshot Discussions' started by mabman, Sep 23, 2013.

1. mabman

mabman New Member

Hi, I've recently found The Slingshot Channel and have been obsessively watching videos.

There was one in which Joerg demonstrated a simple metal tube or pipe-based slingshot that shot cut-down arrows through the tube. As it happens I have found a piece of copper pipe that I think would work in a similar fashion.

Of course, since I found the pipe I can't find that particular video again.

What I can't figure out is how the bands were securely attached to the tube. Was the tube actually notched with a groove similar to what would be done with wood? The tube I have is copper (for plumbing), so I don't think it can be notched easily without breaking. I'm open to suggestions on how to attach it securely - not sure just the standard wrap would hold in this configuration.

Thanks!

2. kineticweaponry

kineticweaponry Senior Member

im sure it would if you did a good enough job, also put a few wraps down before putting the bands on, that should hold it on better.

3. xXdoomXx

xXdoomXx Junior threadjacker ag. J

Welcome to the forum :)

J

4. onnod

onnod Im from Holland, isnt that weird?

welcome, you can attach the rubber like on a normal slingshot, i don't think you need a groove. as KW said, it will be more secure if you wrap a few wraps before you attach the rubber.

5. Withak

Withak aka Whitehawk!

Welcome to the forum Mabman! I'm not familiar with that particular video myself, so I'm afraid I can't be of much help. Perhaps post a photo or two once you've made your first attempt. The folks here can help out once they really see how you're approaching your project.