Jen in SC

Discussion in 'Welcome & Introductions' started by AngelicScars, Sep 9, 2013.

1. AngelicScars

AngelicScars MILF of the board

Hello! My husband and I are huge fans of The Sling Shot Channel on YouTube. Once we saw the first video, we just watched them all. We love it all!
    Now, though we are huge fans, we've never owned a sling shot before. We'd love to start buying them or maybe even making our own.

About me. Well, I'm a mom of two boys. I'm a gamer, the whole family is actually! We are fans of zombies, all the way down to my 5 year old. Yes, my 5 year old LOVES zombies. I love to knit and I was big on working out until recently. I got a job and my love for working out diminished. Oops!
    Reading is another thing I enjoy, when I find the time.
    Well, I guess that's about it. If you have any burning questions, feel free to ask! Otherwise, I look forward to being a part of the forum! :D

2. Flipgun

Flipgun Well-Known Member

If you get into this? Your consoles will gathering (saw)dust. You will be fighting Zombies on a regular basis, and you will be doing the best exercises to fight Bingo wings and belly pooch. There is plenty to read here and on related sites. I have to warn you that you will be outside and relating to your family a lot more. But that is a risk we shooters have to face. Welcome to the monkey house. ;)

3. AngelicScars

4. Withak

Withak aka Whitehawk!

Welcome AngelicScars. Slingshots are a great family hobby. I'm planning to make one very soon for my daughter. Who knows, I may even get my wife interested in shooting. Enjoy the forum!

5. flicks

flicks ...lost in the woods....

Welcome to the forum AngelicScars. Have fun!

6. AngelicScars

7. Courier

Courier Senior Member

Hello and welcome to the forum!

8. wbap

wbap Member

welcome to the forum

9. Slagskimmer Mike

Slagskimmer Mike thinks TBG smells better than roses

Welcome to the forum.

Flipgun is right. My PS3s are only getting used by my wife now, and the 360 only gets used by my son.

Waiting for the bug to bite them...:D

A really helpful crowd here, so ask away if you have any questions.

10. AngelicScars

Haha, I'm partial to the 360 personally. ;)

I forgot to mention that I do have a pistol crossbow I purchased recently. I know it's not exactly the same, but going in the right direction. :D

11. Snader76

Snader76 Dysfunctional Member

Warning: when you start making slingshot you won't be able to stop.
    Welcome and enjoy!

12. Brazilviking

Brazilviking Thread Hijacker

Bem vinda! Enjoy the forum! Give slingshots to your kids and protect the windows!

13. AngelicScars

I wouldn't trust my 5 year old with one, he's a mean little bugger sometimes. :p

Thanks for all the warm welcomes! :D

14. mvd

mvd Builds with scrap

Welcome to the forum, you will have great fun around here. The others are right, its very addicting.

Also (shameless self advertising ;)) if you and/or your family are playing on the PC, I have some leftover Game Keys for Steam and Origin which I bought in a bundle (the humble bundle to be precise). I am giving them away for free, no hooks attached. https://www.theslingshotforum.com/f11/games-giveaway-humblebundle-30669/

15. dolomite

dolomite Banned

Well, a 360 would just gather dust in my house, especially after the red rings of death they all get after not nearly enough use,lol. But slagskimmer is right, my ps3 has been gathering dust of its own. I've been in the shop making slingies:D.

16. AngelicScars

We aren't PC gamers, but thanks for the offer! :)

The earlier models had the red ring! My husband has the red Resident Evil edition and I have the black Splinter Cell edition and they both run cherry. We play hard on those systems too!

You guys are making want to run out and start making stuff today! LOL!

17. mvd

mvd Builds with scrap

Ah too bad, nobody seems to want free games :D

regardless, have fun

18. dolomite

dolomite Banned

Seriously, it is an addiction. My ps4 money turned into scrollsaw, spindle sander, and supplies money;). Btw, welcome to the loonie bin, I got ahead of myself on your other topics.

19. AngelicScars

Haha! Fun!
    See, we weren't planning to get the next gen systems anytime soon, so we are good there! :D

20. Otees

Otees Another Member

Welcome to the forum. You are lucky that your family likes the hobby because mine are a little uncomfortable about me using slingshots. I've got a 360 as well :). If you need any advice making a slingshot or buying one there are plenty of people to ask right here in the forum. Have Fun!!