Jörgs new catch Box

Discussion in 'General Slingshot Discussions' started by jakobkurt32, Aug 31, 2013.

1. jakobkurt32

jakobkurt32 Member

Hey Jörg Or anyone Else that might know the answer to this question.

I was just wanting to know where you got that thick rubber mat for your catch box? Can you get it from a hardware store? Or did you buy it on the Internet?
    Sorry if this answer is already somewhere on this forum... If there is I couldn't find it. :D

2. Brazilviking

Brazilviking Thread Hijacker

I don't know....but looking a t the picture, I should say that it's about 2 cm thick. and its a rubber with little bouncing properties.....

3. tokSick

tokSick Senior Member

Hi jakobkurt32,
    Watch THIS. Any sort of mat should work if you cut it in stripes like i did. If the mat is thicker than 5 mm you probably don' t have to cross them, just keep a gap smaller than you ammo between the stripes and it should be ok.
    In Joerg' s case, that thickness is needed as he shoot with all his different weapons and mostly with a lot of power.
    HERE is the Wiki. A search on G will help you to find some. From what i saw on the web it is pretty expensive :eek:

4. Withak

Withak aka Whitehawk!

The first thing that came to mind when I read your question was door mats. I don't know what you have in your area for home improvement or contractor supply stores, but around here, we often see black rubber mats used at entryways, especially at businesses. I did a quick check through Home Depot here in the states (I think you're outside the US?) and found this as an example:

http://www.homedepot.com/p/Apache-M...60-060-9501-20000300/100671772#specifications

I would think any kind of material that could be used as a weather-resistant door mat would be plenty tough to act as a backstop. I'm sure a little more searching through contractor supply stores, safety supply stores and home improvement may just turn up the kind of material you're looking for at a reasonable price.

Just something to consider.

5. rock slinger

rock slinger I rarely shoot rocks!

I use the same concept on my box but with tee shirts. I use two shirts cut in strips in the front and then a tee shirt cut with strips on one side beside the two others. It work good, but it is not perfect. So to catch the 10% that bounce out I use a tarp in front of the box. So that is how to catch all of your balls

6. dolomite

dolomite Banned

toksick, your portable catchbox is awesome. nothing like making something nice and useful out of rubbish.;)

7. JoergS

JoergS Administrator

I am using black 1cm rubber mats I found on ebay Germany. Massive stuff that even works with the 1" steel balls.

8. jakobkurt32

jakobkurt32 Member

Thanks guys! Toksick your catch box looks great!
    I ordered some of th thick rubber matting on eBay as well! I got also 10mm but with "gewebe" (gauze? Matterial layers) found it quite cheap aswell!!! I built a little birdhouse box as well like joergs! Will post some pics in the week sometime.