I've found a ton of forks, so... soon I'll get to carving a couple slingshots.

Discussion in 'General Slingshot Discussions' started by Wanimator, Jul 8, 2013.

1. Wanimator

Wanimator Banned

Title says all, my camcorder is missing (last time I used it was at my cousin's) So I can't take the pictures you most likely want, I also found a Railroad spike, and that's going to be part of a maul of sorts (It's a brutal branch without the spike) Or if that doesn't work I have a war club I'm working on that could utilize it. And today I'm ordering a Cold Steel Kopis and Gladius (Both are hand sharpened at the HQ according to a personal reply by Cold Steel) Which gave me a whole new reason to buy these beauty's. I've been wanting to get a Gladius for awhile now. And the Kopis is just... a Beauty. My mother asked what I would even do with them... And I kind of went pale because I just loved them so much and I really didn't have an answer to that question... Then I realised I really needed them for reference when making a couple of swords and also carrying into woods. (Recent fears at my friends house are the freaking coyotes that are killing deer like crazy and if one comes up with the gladius I could just kill them with no effort, let alone the Kopis' chopping power) I've found tons of forks, and I hope I can make some interesting Sling Shots.

Titel sagt alles, mein Camcorder fehlt, ist (letzte Mal habe ich es bei meiner Cousine) So kann ich nicht die Bilder, die Sie wahrscheinlich wollen, fand ich auch einen Railroad Spike, und das wird Teil eines maul von Arten sein (es ist eine brutale Zweig ohne Spike) Oder wenn das nicht funktioniert ich habe einen Krieg Verein ich das könnte es nutzen arbeite. Und heute bin ich der Bestellung eines Cold Steel Kopis und Gladius (Beide sind von Hand geschärft in der Zentrale nach einer persönlichen Antwort von Cold Steel), die mir eine ganz neue Grund, diese Schönheit ist zu kaufen. Ich wollte schon einen Gladius für eine Weile jetzt. Und das ist nur Kopis ... eine Schönheit. Meine Mutter fragte, was ich auch mit ihnen zu tun ... Und ich irgendwie wurde blass, weil ich liebte sie gerade so viel, und ich wusste wirklich nicht eine Antwort auf diese Frage ... Dann erkannte ich, ich brauchte sie als Referenz, wenn Sie ein paar Schwerter und auch die Durchführung in Wäldern. (Aktuelle Ängste an meinem Haus von Freunden sind die ausgeflippt Kojoten, dass das Töten Hirsche wie verrückt und wenn man kommt mit dem gladius, ich könnte einfach töten ohne Anstrengung, geschweige denn die Kopis 'Hacken Macht sind) Ich habe Tonnen von Gabeln gefunden, und ich hoffe, ich kann einige interessante Sling Shots machen.

Last edited: Jul 8, 2013
  2. dannytsg

dannytsg Senior Member

Nice. I look forward to seeing you work.

3. Wanimator

Wanimator Banned

Yeah I just hope I can get it done soon. I've been quite busy lately. But soon I'll have some time.

4. G_Y

G_Y aiming the less

Long and exciting text, i´m looking forward for the pictures.
    Let´s see how many slingshots you make per week... ;)

5. Wanimator

Wanimator Banned

You really like my writing!? I could probably get more active at stuff. Right now I am sort of private with my weapons hobby.

6. Otees

Otees Another Member

Your writing is really engaging. I really pictured you killing a coyote with the gladius. I'm pretty private with weapons as well. No one at school knows but thats why I joined the forum, so I can share my stuff. But I hope you have fun making your slingshots and enjoy using the cold steel weapons.

7. Wanimator

Wanimator Banned

Yeah kind of scary to imagine it though. Those Coyotes are bad there. I've felt near close to an encounter with some. Espicially when my friend and I got stuck in there in the dark (It's dang thick) during those times it would feel nice to have a sword, but I mainly am getting them for reference and for my love for them. I have a very strong passion for weapons. Though with Slingshots I'm a little hesitant to shoot steel balls at coyotes, espicially since at my skill level I can't aim very well, let along use a SS in the dark, I have a lot of respect for people like Jorge, and other talented forum members that can just shoot and hit the target with little to no aim at all.

8. Otees

Otees Another Member

Yeah I agree. I hope you don't encounter a coyote. ;)

9. Wanimator

Wanimator Banned

Ordering the swords is post poned. Ugh. Guess that gives me more SS and maul making time. I think I'll make the maul more of an "Indian War Club" But I really don't know at this current moment. I'm just piled up with work I've made. Though my measly 1 day a week "Job" that gives me $15 that I'm very grateful for gets me limited funds, the summer limits my pay/cash balance, and I may have to tap into Birthday Funds in order to pick a expensive weapon. Even then it won't be enough most likely. That's life. Though I am a bit optimistic about having some bandless slingshots. I just need to find a better piece of cutlery to carve with. (My lethal stock is higher than my utility stocks for the time being)