It's Good to be the King

Discussion in 'Off Topic' started by WildBill, Jan 7, 2014.

1. WildBill

WildBill The Silly Song Guy

The corporate office called me today to arrange my relocation payment. I'm renting an apartment here in Kansas City, and I have a house lined up for me in Omaha- I'm going up tomorrow to get the keys, and also to interview some people that I may hire (If you live in Omaha and need a job, PM me- I'm hiring and beyond the drug and background check, who gets an offer is my decision) for both sales and technician positions. Well, my company is giving me five grand to move with, and is electronically transferring the money into my account in the next day or two. So I should be moved withing the next week to ten days.

I'll be checking out the forum while I'm moving, but probably not posting too much- I still have a lot of packing to do- but I'll be thinking about y'all.

-Wild Bill

2. Jeremy

Jeremy Senior member who totally rocks a pink Scout! Pink

Sounds like you work for a great company. Good luck packing and travel safe.

3. WildBill

I do, and I wasn't kidding about hiring members here that need work. I need good people, and that's what can be found here. If you're in Omaha and want a good career with a good company, PM me!

-Wild Bill

4. Withak

Withak aka Whitehawk!

Ah, the adventure begins! I hope the move goes well and you and your wife can finally get settled in - workshop and all. Don't forget to let us know when things settle down a bit.

5. beaverIII73

beaverIII73 Junior Member

Good luck and have a safe move. I'll be in your shoes in June.

6. WildBill

Oh, I'll keep y'all posted. It's been over three years since I packed up my woodshop (three painful, tearful years) and even then it was in need of some repair. I know that my miter blade needs replacing, I recall that the motor on my table saw was acting up, and some of my router bits are in need of replacement as well. But in time, and not too much time, I'll get everything tuned up and ready to go.

Indeed, thinking about getting my shop going again, I thought about what to build in my library downstairs. Consider this- a bookcase, with a mahogany lion head at top center with a tiger maple mane flowing from it. Sinuous columns running down all four corners, also of mahogany, ending in lion feet. More maple 'mane' from the 'knee' area of the column. The cabinet itself made of solid oak, and along each side, carved lambs in cherry. The whole thing built with no laminates, biscuits, nails or screws. I did a rough sketch of what I had in mind, and yeah, I could build that- though I doubt I could get it done until about this time next year. It would be about 300 hours of work.

-Wild Bill

7. BeMahoney

BeMahoney Builder of things

Hey wild One,

I have evidence your heart moved already.. into that future shop!
    What a bless!.. The best of luck and success for you both!
    (not sure how many cats you have..)

kind regards,

Be

8. Will

Will Thread Hijacker

Best of luck to you, WildBill! I hope very much that your move goes smoothly, and look forward to your new shop!

9. JimRhodo

JimRhodo Junior Member

Quote:
    Originally Posted by Withak
    Ah, the adventure begins! I hope the move goes well and you and your wife can finally get settled in - workshop and all. Don't forget to let us know when things settle down a bit.

Couldn't put it better.

10. WildBill

Insert face slap here- the big boss asked me to stay in KC for two more weeks, since he and my immediate boss are going to Minneapolis and they need someone to keep things going here while they're away. Ugh, I hate these delays! So I now have to wait until the 25th before I can move into the new house- even though I've got the lease signed and have paid the rent for January.

-Wild Bill

11. WildBill

5 presently- though the house is big enough for probably another six or so.

-Wild Bill

12. Obl1v1Aus

Obl1v1Aus Meh!

Bummer about the delays WildBill, I've just recently gone through the whole move house thing, and it sucks. And I've gone from having a decent sized workshop to a small desk in my storage room. But making the most of it!

Hope it all goes smoothly when you finally get there!