It aint pretty but it works.

Discussion in 'Show off your homemades!' started by Geisterjager, Aug 18, 2017.

Tags:
  1. Geisterjager

Geisterjager New Member

He Dave from Toronto

I was watching one of Joerg's videos it was the SHTF video. Where he makes an emergency slingshot out of an old broom stick and a bunch of condoms.
    No really he did.

And I thought what could I make in say 10 minutes with only the stuff
    I had in my room. Well I didn't have any condoms but I did just receive a couple
    of bands in the mail.

So as Joerg would say ...
    And here's what I came up with.

I made it from an old set of pliers an old rag and what else duct tape. Oh and of course two band sets mentioned above. I tightly rolled up the cloth and clamped down on it with the pliers and then wrapped the remaining cloth tightly around the handles. Then I use the duct tape to hold it together.

To my surprise it works really well.

Now before anyone points out that I have not secured properly on the handle of the pliers, I know that will be done as soon as I can get my hands on some rubber bands.

It sure ain't pretty but I does work .

Attached Files:

Last edited: Aug 18, 2017
  2. NamenloserHeld91

NamenloserHeld91 Senior Member

If you tie the rubber right your impro-sling shoots as well then a 200€ custom-made one :)

3. Flipgun

Flipgun Well-Known Member

Looks ain't everything. The spirit to innovate is. Everybody starts somewhere. As long as it safely shoots? Rock On with it.

4. Looks very much like my the first slingshot that I made. Except I used needle nose pliers for the frame so that way it would dig into my hand on every shot.

5. Geisterjager

Geisterjager New Member

I am a little worried that the bands might slip off what would you recommend
    to attach them better. :confused:

6. Geisterjager

Geisterjager New Member

I have been using it for a little while now and I am beginning to really like it.
    I had made the original with 3 bands. I am not as strong as Joerg so went back
    to only two and yet it is stronger than my store bought slingshot.

It packs a punch. :)

7. NamenloserHeld91

NamenloserHeld91 Senior Member

8. Geisterjager

Geisterjager New Member