is this normal?

Discussion in 'General Slingshot Discussions' started by meeeee!, Dec 17, 2012.

1. meeeee!

meeeee! New Member

just made my first set of flat bands from theraband black. i usually use tubes but im switching to flats, i like how customizable they are, you can easily taper and adjust draw weight and they give extra speed. <br><br>the theraband i got was about 5 inches wide, but the sides were kind of uneven, kind of like it was cut with a roller cutter free handed. so parts of it were more than 5 inches wide, parts were less. this made it a little harder to measure and cut the bands, i expected the sides to be perfectly straight. is theraband normally like this?

2. ghost0311/8541

ghost0311/8541 New Member

The stuff i get is petfect where did you get yours

3. JoergS

JoergS Administrator

The first meter of a 50 ft roll sometimes is a bit uneven - maybe you have just been unlucky to get that part.

4. meeeee!

meeeee! New Member

<table width="90%" cellspacing="1" cellpadding="0" border="0" align="center">
    <tr><td><span class="genmed"><b>ghost0311/8541 wrote:</b></span></td></tr>
    <tr><td class="quote">The stuff i get is petfect where did you get yours</td></tr>
    </table>
    <span class="postbody"><br><br>ebay</span>

5. stej

stej New Member

I ordered 5 meters of TBG. After I received it, it rolled it so that there are no folds. Now when unrolling I see that it's wavy. I mean it's maybe perfectly cut, but it's wavy up and down from the surface it's lying on. And that influences that lengtwise it is not straight. Even if I cut it perfectly, the end is a little bit rounded because of its waves.