is 9mm steel balls good enough for hunting with double theraband gold either side

Discussion in 'General Slingshot Discussions' started by jackharley, Nov 24, 2013.

1. jackharley

jackharley New Member

is 9mm steel balls good for hunting with. i have a double thereaband gold each side slingshot .is 9mm best for this slingshot and is it good enough for hunting

thanks in advance oh and i am wanting to shoot pigions rabbit ect i am in uk so perfectly legal

2. dolomite

dolomite Banned

not heavy enough for a clean kill. I'd say 10-12mm lead would be better.

3. BeMahoney

BeMahoney Builder of things

4. WildBill

WildBill The Silly Song Guy

Dolo's right. 9mm works for small birds but for rabbit you'll need larger ammo- and enough power to deliver a clean kill.

-Wild Bill

5. Brazilviking

Brazilviking Thread Hijacker

Legal does not mean nice.....
    Anyone cooking recently?:D

6. Tilia

Tilia Junior Member

for pigeons it would be fine, rabbits i wouldn't try with 9mm unless im really starving

is there a list of some sorts
    with the speed of a ball in various mm and with various bands??... preferably with the kinetic energy included??

7. BeMahoney

BeMahoney Builder of things

O´Oh!

;)

8. Brazilviking

Brazilviking Thread Hijacker

Bricks!!! you definitely can kill a rabbit with a brick!!!

9. Tilia

Tilia Junior Member

and also with a pencil:)

10. rock slinger

rock slinger I rarely shoot rocks!

11. Tilia

Tilia Junior Member

Last edited: Nov 24, 2013
  12. Ghosth

Ghosth Over the hill but still swinging!

Agree lead is better, and bigger is better. I have not yet hunted with mine yet, but .45 caliber lead balls are powerful, have a good whump when they hit my backstop.

Buy a mold and a few basic parts and have virtually free ammo for a long long time.

Not sure you can call this "cooking, but for those of us who are getting old enough to suffer aches and pains this time of year from Arthritis here is a recipe you can try.

Take any small sealable container, mine holds about a cup, 3/4 fill it with raisins, add a good dollop of honey (makes it a big more tolerable to eat)
    Then cover the raisins with Gin, and let them get good and drunk for a week.
    Then every day eat a spoon full of raisins (And raisin/gin juice)

About 2 weeks worth of drunk raisins and my right hip shuts up till next fall, when I repeat the process. If you have some left over, hang onto them, they keep quite well.

My wife claimed I was trying to poison her, but for some people this works.
    For others, not so much, I'm one of the lucky ones. When my hip/shoulders start aching in late fall, winter about a weeks or 10 days worth of drunk raisins makes them go away.

If that doesn't work for you, you can always try googling the grape juice Certa recipe.

Last edited: Nov 24, 2013
  13. Skorps

Skorps Senior Member

i´ll think just hunting if you need to! and just killing if you need food to survive!
    But be pretared train to aim with the same setup you need to hunt/kill your most probable
    hunting animal! So that you can make a "clean" kill! so that the animal does not have to suffer!!
    In that way i´ll think this question is ok!
    Everyone has to decide whether he will hunt good!

PS: If you need a good rabbit recipe send a pm to me my dad has a good one!