The Slingshot Forums banner
1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Loudest boom on Earth
1,287 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Hello brothers and sisters :)

After a loong loong time I finally finished a slingshot :) Its based on my Spindle cicatrix frame, only with an added 'stinger' at the bottom, so it can be used as a self-defense stabber.

So it resembled a wasp, so that's what we will call this frame :)

Its made from a slightly spalted black plum cherry (Prunus ceracifera *****). Sandes to 600 grit, finished in hot beeswax linseed oil mix bath.

Enjoy the pics and the video, and be sure to let me know what you think.

https://youtu.be/l0UjUp7qbwo

Template included.

Attachments

·
Loudest boom on Earth
1,287 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thanks guys!

also eyeing up that fork its leaned against
Yep, very spalted though.... the middle isn't so pretty as the outer layers :/, so I am saving it (and its brother) for later.I will prolly just harvest the outer as some caps or swels or for other lamination or maybe jewelry.

·
Administrator
10,889 Posts
Very nice work and design.

·
Registered
1,223 Posts
Nice. Fantastic grain..

·
Premium Member
4,761 Posts
Finally! I've been waiting to see more of your work!
This is an awesome work of art brother! You executed the shape perfectly, and finished it beautifully. Well done!

·
Premium Member
6,102 Posts
Very elegant! Fantastic work and a great find. Plum in all kinds slowly start to advance to one of my fave woods! I've got one of those trees right in my neighbours garden and got some wood from him for smoking. Maybe I should take a second look on that pile!

·
learner shooter
37 Posts
When the beautiful wood and excellent work are mixing the result is extraordinary ...very very nice

·
Loudest boom on Earth
1,287 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·

Attachments

1 - 20 of 26 Posts