Introducing - The Slant v1.2 [seljan]

Discussion in 'More than one' started by Tremoside, Feb 9, 2016.

1. Tremoside

Tremoside SINdustrial designer

Hi Folks,
    I haven't visited the for sale thread section since our greatest Shockley :D, but it was time. I've spent my last year mostly with this slingshot and managed to make a couple more pieces, so available for sale. Please drop a PM if you're interested, I'm happy to give you the information you need.
    It's a huge amount of design work and crafting, so I've made a dedicated work in progress building section to The Slant at my website.

The Slant building pictures can be found here.

It contains over a hundred building pictures with all the details of crafting. I'm a developer kind of person so I'm working with multiple iterations. That's my choice for fun. :cool: Feel free to browse the website, I have updated my naturals section also.

www.seljanslingshots.com

The Slant v1.2
    A full sized but still pocket-able handmade cast aluminum slingshot with strong aluminum clips. A dedicated OTT - thumb support and pinch grip style shooter with a 3D printed (industrial SLS printer) belt clip and a good overall weight that gives stability but not tiresome. No shine - no slip, matte, anodized surface. And of course as a handmade design slingshot it has to be shipped in a matching packaging box.

But there is way more...

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

This is it, I hope you like it and take look of this work.

Have a nice day/night,
    Mark/Tremo

Brian Cuyle likes this.
  2. Lefthorse

Lefthorse Junior Member

Nice design :) pont ilyen szögletest akarok tervezni, tankok ihlettek ..

3. Jeremy

Jeremy Senior member who totally rocks a pink Scout! Pink

Very cool frame. I've read the bank story of the development process, very cool by the way. I really like the clip system.

I may need at getting one if these.

4. bigdh2000

bigdh2000 Administrator

Beautiful work man.

5. Arturo Borquez

Arturo Borquez Administrator

very nice and stylish design !!! ... I like the black surface finish ... professional in every detail ... congratulations !!!
    Arturo

6. TheNewSlingshotGuy

TheNewSlingshotGuy AKA- "The Raccoon"

This is BEYOND proffessional. I'd expect less from a brochure that comes with a "made to order" super car.

7. Tremoside

Thank you Lefthorse! Edgy designs are cool, but this is mostly originated from Bauhaus functionalist design. Go ahead, you will enjoy this type of design attitude for sure.

Thank you Jeremy! The first batch is already sold and received the first feedback mails :). Congrats for the Banana Hand logo, phenomenal!

Thank you very much Dan! I really appreciate your efforts in slingshot world. What you made here with the design challenge (and all trade and build things in general) was a wonderful thing and inspired lot of people. Even if I can't be everywhere on the forums I bowdown in front of every effort that pushes our sport forward! Thank you Sir!

Thank you very much Master Arturo! Your shooting style and Flicks with his Lizard made me an absolute fan of PFS. Now I have a couple and it is a very cool way to not just have fun, but improve intuitive shooting skills too. :)

[ame]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=520pGIkFCvk[/ame]

Hi TNSG,
    It is just a way of communication. I don't like to make these since it's time consuming, the only reason to show the actual work behind the design and the final stuff. Thanks for stopping by, and greetings from this little country :)

----------------------------------------

Thank you very much and if you have any questions please don't hesitate to ask,

Cheers,
    Tremo

8. seppman

seppman Folding-Ladder Expert

Ah here it is... I stumbled across this slingshot some days ago, when derAndy was talking about it and I had to find out more about it immediatly - I love that kind of "futuristic" industrial design. Already owning a Torque slingshot from Mark, I knew this baby only could be a great shooter! I don't read much in the other forum, just check out the homemade section from time to time, so I totally missed the thread, where Tremoside was talking about the development of the Slant. Check it out here - it is one of the best slingshot related development retrospective reads I have ever seen.

I don't need to mention, that I had to own one, do I? :)
    Guys... see this presentation here and you know, that the box you'd recieve is even more beyond professionality! The packaging, the look and feel, the detail... every single aspect is well thought through. Mine arrived this weekend and Mark asked me to keep silent until this thread comes alive - but now I am allowed to scream it out to the world: THIS IS A FANTASTIC SLINGSHOT! :)

Check out some pictures:

1) The box also works as presentation stand, there was a little lock in the bottom right corner. Simply press it down and slide it open.
    IMG_20160208_183223.jpg

2) Inside you'll find a nice Lanyard, a tool for (un-)locking the clips, a precut bandset, a very nicely presented users manual, a owner's certificate and a sticker. Insane.
    IMG_20160208_183254.jpg
    IMG_20160208_183303.jpg

3) Coated and sandcasted aluminium. Check out this beauty! A great feel in the hands, really strong and massive. I love it!
    IMG_20160209_194258.jpg

4) fits perfectly for my handsize:
    IMG_20160209_195531.jpg

5) my hand for size comparison (in inch):
    IMG_20160209_195354.jpg

9. seppman

You guys might also want to check out Randy Knapp's (aka Canopener) unboxing video he recently released for more details:

[ame]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3tLG6aatXNQ[/ame]

10. onnod

onnod Im from Holland, isnt that weird?

Very nice design! I loved reading the process :)

11. experimenter

experimenter New Member

it is definitely the iPhone of the slingshots!!!

12. seppman

Why be so unfriendly? The Iphone is an overpriced piece of standard technology and not even very user friendly. The Slant is the complete opposite - worth every Cent!

13. Tremoside

Wow Sepp! Incredible show! Thanks for the hand reference, I will compare it with my hand.

You've seen Can-Opener's video way before me. Thanks for the link, It is very useful and he also had that hex nut question there. Silly thing from me, I just forgot to mention that is used as a locking bead :)

Thanks a ton Seppmannnnn!

Noice to see you again my friend. Glad you enjoyed! I'm always happy when see someone familiar face as you. Cheers!

Thank you very much mate! I really appreciate your comment and I know what you mean. :)

Yes, there is much common thing in logic, but the approach is different. I'm working in education and Apple Design is always a topic in design and development. I'm a PC and Android guy, but I do respect the strategy and effort that Jonathan Ive and Guy Kawasaki made in Apple.

Thanks Sepp! I don't have an iPhone and never had plans to own one. But it's just me (and I think you :rolleyes:) :D. Otherwise Steve Jobs really knew how to entertain people. I think he helped designers to become known for their efforts. And they used psychology very (Imeanvery) well!

I wish one day we can drink a couple beer and talk about this Apple-Unix-Linux-Win stuff just to alienate people around us ;)

Again thanks for the pictures of the Slant in your hands!

Cheeers,
    Tremo

14. JohnKrakatoa

JohnKrakatoa Loudest boom on Earth

Yeah Iphones are super bad comparison :D The Slant is a bargain for all it is! I can tell you this coz mine is alreay with me!

Damn it Randy beat me with the unboxing video ! :D

15. Bone

Bone Slingshot Shooters

Great design and complete package! You stepped it up a notch! Good work!:cool:

16. seppman

I just meant to make a joke, but THIS forces me to answer! :)

Please have a look at this:
    http://www.cultofmac.com/188753/the-braun-products-that-inspired-apples-iconic-designs-gallery/

and please think about this:

[ame]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CW0DUg63lqU[/ame]

and now I am done with highjacking your thread, because this slingshot deserves much more than a fruit can ever achieve! :)

Cheers.

Edit: ooohhhh... and I take that with the beer as an invitation! :)

17. BeMahoney

BeMahoney Builder of things

Great work, Mark!

A perfect "package" - I wish for you to sell a lot of these!

kind regards,

Be

18. Tremoside

Thank you very much my friends! I really appreciate your kindness!

Randy (aka Can-Opener) made a nice shooting video with the Slant. Thank you Randy!

[ame]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dnpBCSz22oU[/ame]

I'm answering your emails and PM-s. Please let me know if I missed a message or something.

Have a nice day,
    Tremo

19. deraNdy

deraNdy Active Member

This is such a Great Slingshot. Mine arrived as an Birthdaygift from my Wife. I had to wait until my birthday come to shoot with her ,but of course i had to put my hands on it. Great great great. Love it. It feels so nice in my hand ,as he build it for me. Its an perfect "package " as Be said it raid...cant wait to shoot with her...thanks Tremo

20. Diaboloslinger

Diaboloslinger New Member

Great work!!! You should be very proud Tremoside! I watched Canopener's boxing/shooting vids on the other forum, and am very impressed!