Instant Rufulini 3D design and print

Discussion in 'Show off your homemades!' started by Teofil, Jul 27, 2020.

Tags:
  1. Teofil

Teofil New Member

Hey , greetings from Belgrade
    Here's my interpretation of Instant Rufus. I was inspired by Joergs video and loading mechanism he designed. Also inspired by Instant Legolini 3D design.
    It's a pump action self loading repeating slingshot. It shoots steal balls, I made 2 versions 10mm and 8 mm. It's magazine fits about 20 steal balls.
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

2. Saipol

Saipol New Member

It looks great. Mind to share your stl?

Last edited: Jul 31, 2020

3. SLOTH_LORD

SLOTH_LORD New Member

Have you thought of a roller gun design? Uses 100% of the length of the gun whereas with other designs the power stops at 2/3rds of the way. You can also get more power out of it because it stretches twice the length of a normal rubber

4. SLOTH_LORD

SLOTH_LORD New Member

Is this on Thingiverse? If so where abouts?

5. Teofil

Teofil New Member

Hey, I'm glad you like it. I was originally thinking about rollers for the bands but I am not sure how much force plastic would take. l tried silver and black bands an it works fine. Maybe I'll try adding rollers in next version.
    I will share stl files, but only trough email , I still don't want it to be shared publicly on thingiverse or any other host. PM me and I will send it to you

6. SLOTH_LORD

SLOTH_LORD New Member

I think it should hold up if you put a single metal bolt or something straight through the plastic and just have the rollers on either side

7. Conrad104

Conrad104 New Member

Love it! Great design. She looks smooth, strong and accurate! Well done for sure!

8. Dave6C

Dave6C New Member

Hello Teofil, I just finished printing my Legolini and am looking for a new project...are you still working on this design?

9. Teofil

Teofil New Member

Hey, as far as I am concerned this is a finished working toy, so I think I am done with this design for now. I've had some suggestions on how to make it more powerful but I think I reached the limit of what plastic can endure.
    If you would like to make your own PM me your email address so I can send you the link to the files.

10. Dave6C

Dave6C New Member

Cool, PM inbound!