Inspired by Lares

Discussion in 'Show off your homemades!' started by tokSick, May 16, 2013.

1. tokSick

tokSick Senior Member

Hi everyone,
    I have not made ​​a slingshot for a long time and i missed it a little bit. So here' s what i' ve done lately, without machines, completely handmade. It is, in fact, a variation of a model that i made for a friend some time ago. LOOK HERE.
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    A friend told me that the palmswel is oak( he knows a lot about wood) the rest is red meranti and birch multiplex i guess. My friend Lares( from my forum) inspired me a lot for this one.
    I sanded it with 120 but i still have some filing and corrections to do, a lot of sanding before the finish. It will take some time 'cause the weather, here, is s****y for the moment and i can' t work inside:mad:
    Thanks, guys and girls, for watching.

Last edited: May 16, 2013
  2. Mister Magpie

Mister Magpie New Member

Excellent, beautiful. It looks like it will be a sweet shooter.

3. RBurke83

RBurke83 New Member

Wow, really nice!

4. Will

Will Thread Hijacker

Wow!! Beautiful work tokSick! Great design and it looks very comfortable to hold. I bet there are many hours involved in this project, especially without machines and just thinking about all that rasping is making my hand ache!

5. Saderath

Saderath Senior Member

Awesome job my friend!

6. tokSick

tokSick Senior Member

You are right, a lot of rasping. I am a little bit masochist maybe... I got an exellent shooter for the moment, so i don' t need to rush to finish this one.

Thankzzz guys for the kind comments.

7. Schultz

Schultz New Member

Great Work, i like the grip! Looks really Comfortable ;)

8. Tysonspapa

Tysonspapa New Member

I like the shape. All by Hand.... I Guess im to lazy for that. Since i found out how much wood a angle grinder can take away in seconds, i use it for all shaping :D

9. Achso_42

Achso_42 Senior Member

Looks like a nice shooter:)

10. Thistle

Thistle RESIGNED

Wow, tokSick. AMAZING hand work there!

I almost missed this one. I wanna see this again when I get back! Gorgeous wood too.
    [​IMG]

11. onnod

onnod Im from Holland, isnt that weird?

nice one toksick!

12. FIAAO

FIAAO Failureisalwaysanoption

Very nice already tokSick! :D First I tought you meant you were inspired by Lars...

13. Lars

Lars The Evil Genious

very nice work
    i like it even now really

how lars would say now?
    oh jeah
    maybe it needs some more sanding and some oiling :)

i hate the new smilies

14. LW

LW New Member

I like this one very much, especially the handle (front side) with your permission, I will give it a try sometime.
    And as Tysonspapa already mentioned “all by hand no powertools” sitting in the park… very nice work.

What finish you will give it?

15. tokSick

tokSick Senior Member

Thankzzz all of you guys for the warm comments.
    @LW: For sure you can give it a try. I am sure you will make somethin' really beautiful to add to my future screensaver:D
    For the finish it will be LO and supaglu as always.
    Cheers guys.:)
    Ps: I hate those smilies too Lars and i am really lost in this new layout, i hate it too :confused::rolleyes:

16. LW

LW New Member

I do not know, but the thing with the screensaver makes me a bit confused because there are a lot more people out there, who build mor more beautiful things than me ...:confused:...:eek:

I feel very honored...:)

17. Schultz

Schultz New Member

Good idea :D
    But what you take for Discs for the Wood?

18. Slagskimmer Mike

Slagskimmer Mike thinks TBG smells better than roses

I love the shape of that frame and how good your symmetry is by hand.

I also am a big fan of the angle grinder. 80 grit stiff discs for final shaping.

If mass stock needs removed, the nicest cutting disc for a grinder I have used is called Arbortech, made in Germany I think. Uses carbide inserts like a shell mill sort of. When i worked for a chainsaw carver I got to use it. Wish I could justify owning one--pretty expensive for using on hobby projects.

Here's a pic---eek what a messy link--
    .http://www.google.com/aclk?sa=l&ai=C6RlND8eWUYX4IaetyAHJ54GQBu7IvvQDpvHT-jju-5qvSAgGEAQgs7SHGCgGUMPD04oHYMm2iYfMo8AXoAHn4qj_A8gBB6oEH0_Qr8EcVX3U4JUAh5A80ca8yATS3165zSFjWwCNBZqABbP4_hjABQWgBibYBgSAB4GdV-AS292qwqfIkJRe&sig=AOD64_0n7_UMzCGYJYqI9a1SwRSqWfeKRA&ctype=5&ved=0CGkQ8w4&adurl=http://www.toolbarn.com/arbortech-indfg100.html%3Fref%3Dbase

Last edited: May 17, 2013
  19. tokSick

tokSick Senior Member

The idea is to put all slingshot picture that i can find and make a "collage".

Last edited: May 17, 2013
  20. flicks

flicks ...lost in the woods....

Very nice one TokSick, amazing shape and craftmanship!