Inner tube pouch

Discussion in 'General Slingshot Discussions' started by tokSick, Aug 27, 2013.

1. tokSick

tokSick Senior Member

Hi everyone,
    Reading THIS thread made me remember something i wanted to try. It is a pouch made out of a inner tube and using the dog bone pouch.
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    I had 200+ shots and it works great!![​IMG]

2. Brazilviking

Brazilviking Thread Hijacker

wow......... dogbone. now I get it!

3. tokSick

tokSick Senior Member

If i get good results from that i might never use leather anymore. I made a center hole cuz i was shooting marbles but i think for steel balls it won' t work if they are xx mm. So, no hole for steel balls.

4. Withak

Withak aka Whitehawk!

Great idea, I'll have to try that myself.

5. Will

Will Thread Hijacker

I never would have thought about this! Very smart thinking sir! Thanks for sharing!

6. onnod

onnod Im from Holland, isnt that weird?

great idea!i remember using inner tuber pouches when i was young, worked great!

7. Brazilviking

You are still young.........

8. dolomite

dolomite Banned

onnod, lmfao! In ten years that will be as funny to you;). That made my morning buddy!

9. CEZ

CEZ New Member

That is a great idea, have you weighed it? I wonder if it would be lighter than a similar size leather pouch.

10. Lars

Lars The Evil Genious

very good
    i see you like my slingy? :):D
    how does it shoot for you?
    and how often do you use it? :rolleyes:

11. xXdoomXx

xXdoomXx Junior threadjacker ag. J

My first slingshot when I hadn't come across the forum but jokers channel had really strong bycicle inner tube as bands but I didn't have leather at that time so I just made a long piece and connected it at each end. :D yes I was that derpy ( bv translator derpy = stupid/not thinking straight lol)

J

12. tokSick

tokSick Senior Member

Thanks guys,
    WARNING!!!
    Don' t stretch the pouch too much if you are holding it in front of the ball when shooting. And one more thing, i sanded the pouch on the ammo side. I think you all know why i did that!? ;)

Yes Lars, i love it!!! Great little shoota and very, very accurate. It is now my everyday carrying one. I use one band per side on it and shoot 3/4 butt sideways. It' s a killer mate!!! [​IMG]

13. Otees

Otees Another Member

One of the coolest things ever. It solved my pouch problems. Thank you so much tokSick!!!

14. tokSick

tokSick Senior Member

Hi Otees,
    I' ve found out after different tests that the inner tube pouch don' t perform good anymore after +-250 shots cuz it relaxes too much and don' t have the same properties as when it is "fresh". Anyway, it is a good substitute if you don' t have leather but it is far from beating it. I' ll test other solutions in the future.

15. Brazilviking

We need people like you, Tok! Most time we see people saying "oh, I did this and it was very nice" "Iused that inad it eas perfect".....It takes real compromising and character to be impartial and say the good and bad issues about your own project. Never loose that spirit, man!
    Still, the results seem great!!

16. tokSick

tokSick Senior Member

Thanks Doc.
    I don' t want someone to get hurt from a flyer or rts because of me. Or even worst, ruin their slingshots with a fork hit!!! I will have to live with that for the rest of my life:eek: ;)