Indoor-Catchbox

Discussion in 'General Slingshot Discussions' started by Antraxx, Feb 8, 2014.

1. Antraxx

Antraxx #7

Hey Guys

Don´t have much freetime anymore so it´s less building and more shooting for me lately.

For that purpose i build a new Indoor-Catchbox which i´d like to share. Maybe someone wants to grab an Idea here and there.

Front is 33cm high 45cm wide.
    Bottom is 37cm deep.

I build i a 2nd bottom which is angled backwards a bit so the Steelballs will roll to the backside.
    The Backside itself is one laminated piece with the Back itself, a piece to support the 2nd bottom and another slope which leads the balls to the right side.
    The 2nd Bottom is also to cover to a storage compartement where i can store additional Targets.

[​IMG]

I made the roof come of easily to service the 4-5 layers of cloth.

It also features several Hooks for hanging Targets.

[​IMG]

I mounted a Quick-Release-Plate from one of my Manfrotto Tripods to the Bottom so i can clamp it on one of my Spare Tripods and adjust it with a Ballhead very quickly.

It also secures a very solid stand.

You can also See a hole in one Corner of the Bottom. This is where the Slope ends and all the Balls come out.

At the Moment i just have a Basket underneath, but since i´m lazy as f*** i will add a Quickrelease for a gardenhose and take one end of the 10m Hose to my Shooting position.

Since the Tripod is always around 1-1.5m high the balls will travel back to me very quickly.

[​IMG]

I also tried out a faster Way to interchange Leons great Felt-Targets. I can not say how long those will last since they are made from wood, i think i´ll have to redo them in Aluminium soon.

[​IMG]

Have a nice Weekend and be safe :wave:

[​IMG]

2. Bushmaster

Bushmaster New Member

I like the simple, effective "ball return" system you came up with. I'm adding that to my similar catch box. This post demonstrates the great value of the forum! Thanks!
    PS: those low front hit marks look familiar and gave me a little LOL.

3. JohnKrakatoa

JohnKrakatoa Loudest boom on Earth

4. onnod

onnod Im from Holland, isnt that weird?

great catchbox! i like the ammo collecting feature :)

Sent from my GT-I9300 using Slingshot Forum mobile app

5. Antraxx

Antraxx #7

Obviously those were all done by my Girlfriend since i never hit low rofl :D

6. jack-davies

jack-davies New Member

Looks very effective

Sent from my iPad using Slingshot Forum

7. buckshot500

buckshot500 Hoonigan Jeeper

Very nice! I am also lazy and like the garden hose idea a lot!

Now I'm looking at my camera tripod with a different view.