Idea for Jorg: Frozen Grape slingshot

Discussion in 'General Slingshot Discussions' started by sickofsickness, Nov 17, 2013.

1. sickofsickness

sickofsickness New Member

I never thought about slingshots before discovering his videos. I'm not a slingshot enthusiast, but I do deeply admire the work, engineering, creativity and craftsmanship he puts into his devices. So he's enabled me to think a little differently, and that's always good.

I'm on a diet and so I've been freezing grapes as a snack. They obviously get extremely hard, or at least make a scary sound when you bang them against the counter. I was wondering how dangerous could they be? Shot from a slingshot, it could easily break glass, but how much damage could we do to ballistic gelatin? What would it do to a zombie skull? I'm just curious if anyone has tried this.

It gives new meaning to grapeshot though.

2. JohnKrakatoa

JohnKrakatoa Loudest boom on Earth

+1 I ll definitely try this sometime.

3. Jeremy

Jeremy Senior member who totally rocks a pink Scout! Pink

I really hope he undertakes this idea. I'd love to see a frozen grape being shot out of one of his monster slingshots.

4. WildBill

WildBill The Silly Song Guy

He's already done frozen pasta, potatoes and even panties. Why not grapes?

-Wild Bill

5. sickofsickness

sickofsickness New Member

A while back I suggested he do a shirt cannon.... You know, the air guns they use to shoot t-shirts at fans? The thing that killed Maude Flanders... That.

He said it was an interesting idea, although not practical. So maybe one day.

I took it as a very polite "Yeah, thanks, but no."

6. Lacumo

Lacumo Member

Grapes are irregularly shaped and so wouldn’t be very aerodynamically accurate, predictable or consistent.

BUT… How about frozen rabbit turds? Now we’re talking! And--for one of those monster slingshots, maybe frozen horse turds...

7. Skorps

Skorps Senior Member

Lol Laumo!!
    you bring me to an other Idea
    An full frozen Rabbit with an Kape how swings in the air!
    The pics out of the High speed camera would be awesome!!
    But I´ll think you would get in Trouble with the Animal Lovers!
    Acctually I love Animals too but they here on earth to get eaten!!
    Don´t kill him for fun just for dinner someone told me. and its the Truth.
    So it could be possible to eat the "Flying Super-Rabbit" maybe just as ragout
    it depents of the way it will coming back to the ground! :)

8. Faxi

Faxi Banned

Back to topic...
    It's late Autumn. The Fruits from an Oaktree are really dangerous :D
    But for Zombieskulls the Chestnut is the better Choice :rolleyes:
    And if the Easter Bunny comes to early, you can defend you with a bigger Pouch filled with Beechnuts. :cool:

9. VWscooby

VWscooby Senior Member

Frozen grapes are no good because they are always moaning. If they were fired from a slingshot as soon as they hit something they would let out a little 'wine'..........sorry..............:eek:

10. Flipgun

Flipgun Well-Known Member

They would knock a Biker on his ass but not a Zombie. Of course a zombie would only want to eat you. A Biker would ...

Last edited: Nov 22, 2013