The Slingshot Forums banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

Registered
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Can anyone give me ideas?. I'm hoping to attach the upgraded version of the bow with 20% more power to the existing 80lb bow but then to apply a housing chamber for multiple bows along with a strong and durable but simple way of fast reloading. In all turning my alligator 80lb馃" not sure if it's 80lb" pistol bow into a 160lb repeating pistol bow. I know it can be done but I'm a complete amature at metal works. I only done it in school. I was great on the lathe but I haven't got those kind of tools. Just basic drills and home made or workshops store bought materials like wood and screws, nuts n bolts etc..any and all advice or even a link or blueprint to work off would be great!...also I find with the alligator for those who use it as is if you turn front leaning handle backwards it's easier to cock along with resting it on your knee too.

Registered
i got bad news for you limb is max 50/55 lbs, forget 80 lb ,this is same like cobra, hori zone, alligator, tomcat ,,,,, bigest issue is plastic body, you got aluminium cobra pistol crossbow for half price like this , you got 3d printed magazines for this Magazin for Cobra Crossbow by Logan3000 , you dont have 160 lbs limb with same power stroke ,and i think cocking 160 lbs is impossible with this cocking sistem

i got bad news for you limb is max 50/55 lbs, forget 80 lb ,this is same like cobra, hori zone, alligator, tomcat ,,,,, bigest issue is plastic body, you got aluminium cobra pistol crossbow for half price like this , you got 3d printed magazines for this Magazin for Cobra Crossbow by Logan3000 , you dont have 160 lbs limb with same power stroke ,and i think cocking 160 lbs is impossible with this cocking sistem View attachment 44149
Old thread, but just wanted to point out that while no off-the-shelf upgrade exists, you can increase the power on these pistol crossbows by stacking two limbs. You just need to cut the tips off the inner limb and make room in the body by removing the spacers. At least the aluminum-framed version handles it fine, although the trigger becomes quite stiff, and obviously cocking the bow requires more force. It obviously doesn't double the power, but it is a significant improvement.

If I recall correctly, years ago I saw a video on Youtube in which somebody made the modification and clocked it at 72 m/s / 235 fps, which was quite an improvement over the stock 47 m/s / 155 fps (mine is old, no idea if the new ones shoot faster). May have gotten the numbers wrong, but either way it does increase the power :)

Registered
Old thread, but just wanted to point out that while no off-the-shelf upgrade exists, you can increase the power on these pistol crossbows by stacking two limbs. You just need to cut the tips off the inner limb and make room in the body by removing the spacers. At least the aluminum-framed version handles it fine, although the trigger becomes quite stiff, and obviously cocking the bow requires more force. It obviously doesn't double the power, but it is a significant improvement.

If I recall correctly, years ago I saw a video on Youtube in which somebody made the modification and clocked it at 72 m/s / 235 fps, which was quite an improvement over the stock 47 m/s / 155 fps (mine is old, no idea if the new ones shoot faster). May have gotten the numbers wrong, but either way it does increase the power :)
good luck to cocking that :D go to gym every day two times ,lol

1 - 4 of 4 Posts