i need a recommendation

Discussion in 'General Slingshot Discussions' started by Blueskai, Aug 15, 2013.

1. Blueskai

Blueskai New Member

yo..
    first of all sorry if ill have mistakes with my english ><
    english is not my mother lang...
    well ok... i like slingshots but im always having the same problem...
    my bands get ripped over and over again... i need a recommendation
    for a good thera band tube (i heard its last longer then a thera band flat)
    that will not ripp after few shots...
    and my ammo is not steel balls or lead balls or even marbles...
    my ammo are rocks :D
    i hope you understood ><
    tnx.

2. artons

artons New Member

If you shoot rocks you don't need much power, i think that theraband ref could be strong enough for some stones.
    I also recommend you to use high fork, wide and small fork will increase the risk of fork hit
    I hope this was useful :)

3. Blueskai

Blueskai New Member

i know i dont need much power but i do want alot of power
    what is theraband ref? also i need something that will not will not ripp
    and will last for alot of time.
    tnx again :D

4. Brazilviking

Brazilviking Thread Hijacker

It will depend on how strong you are. Where are you from? Your writting sound familiar....

5. LW

LW New Member

The combination that you want is not to achieve. And you have to make a difference between fast and power. With Theraband red you can get very fast shots, but only with small ammunition. With the disadvantage that the Bands will tear quickly (30 to 60 shots)
    With Theraband gold you can achieve a lot of power with bigger ammunition, but not so fast. And with the right setup you can make over one thousand shots.
    Theratubes last a long time, much longer then Theraband Gold. But then again that is slightly slower than Theraband gold.
    For me Theratubes green is the maximum for pulling on a Slingshot. Everything that comes after that only people like Joerg can shoot this realy good...:D

For large stones, it should be enough.

But if you start with the Slingshot, then Theratubes green in combination with rocks is not a good idea and I would not recommend this.

6. ruthiexxxx

ruthiexxxx ruthiexxxx

As Brazil Viking said, it largely depends how strong you are. I would recommend getting some Theratube in Green and blue to start with. If they are not strong enough for you you can pseudotaper or even double them. If you want something REALLY strong then go for the Theratube Black which has LOTS of power (though I'm beginning to think that Dankung 50/80 gives as much power for less work. The Theratube Silver is really heavy duty and I only use it for slingbows now.

Attached Files:

7. Blueskai

Blueskai New Member

i dont need something realy strong... just something that shot fast and will not tear... the ammo is rocks or marbles and the maximum i want it to do is to break glass bottle from a long-range distance.
    once again. tnx
    im pretty strong... im from israel...
    tnx.

8. Blueskai

Blueskai New Member

realy realy tnx you...
    thats what i wanted to read :D
    tnx. but i dont mind if there will be more recommendations ><

9. Brazilviking

Brazilviking Thread Hijacker

I don't recomend the use of thera tube silver for slingshots, leave it for the x bows! Too hard to draw, and you can get stronger hits with tapering the black. Surgycal tubes can be nice too, even thin ones can be combined!

10. Tysonspapa

Tysonspapa New Member

somehow i cant understand what you guys do with these big tubes. ive used pseudo-tapered tt yellow full butterfly for 10-12mm steel, and it was enough. i have absolutly no idea why someone should use tt black or silver for a normal slingshot.

11. ruthiexxxx

ruthiexxxx ruthiexxxx

Just for power with heavy ammo.

But I confess that I only use the Theratube Silver for arrows now and, although the Black was my favourite for slingshots until recently, I have been finding alternatives that seem to give as much power for less effort. Doubled 50/80s are very much a current favourite though I suspect the best performance of all is from doubled .04 latex which is incredibly zippy even with big ammo.

12. kineticweaponry

kineticweaponry Senior Member

Why dont you try these out? [ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=87acbFp4NYo[/ame]

13. ruthiexxxx

ruthiexxxx ruthiexxxx