I just left that other place.

Discussion in 'General Slingshot Discussions' started by rock slinger, Feb 11, 2014.

1. rock slinger

rock slinger I rarely shoot rocks!

Only because I like it here better. And some other reasons. But I am ginog to be more active here as I am dropping Ssf.

http://slingshotforum.com/topic/29821-see-ya/

I would just like to again thank the friendly people here. I have said it before, this is the best forum on the web!!!

2. WildBill

WildBill The Silly Song Guy

What other place?

-Wild Bill

3. PickleForker

PickleForker New Member

Yea I agree with bill what are you taking about?

-PickleForker

4. rock slinger

The link - slingshotforum.com
    It is a separate forum just like this one, but obviously not that good based on my reasons for leaving.

5. JoergS

JoergS Administrator

Well, I don't know if that had anything to do with your decision, but Aussie Allan is banned here, too.

Part of me feels sorry for the guy as he is probably suffering from a brain disease for real. But this is a forum. You write something, you take responsibility for it. No excuses, believable or not.

6. rock slinger

The Aussie Allen stuff was just a constant battle. Most of it was he said things that were against the forum rules, but it Deffinetly seemed to drag on longer than it should have. But I see what you are saying and it completely agree with you. I always enjoyed him though.

7. WildBill

Like I said, what other forum?

-Wild Bill

8. jnmbhj

jnmbhj Slingshots FTW

That name sounds like this aussie allan might be from Australia.

9. WildBill

He is, but is living in Thailand at the moment. It's a long story- you can use the search function with his name to find more info.

-Wild Bill

10. Obl1v1Aus

Obl1v1Aus Meh!

Allan wasn't a good example of the Australian spirit, I just hope people don't judge the rest of us Aussies by the way the impolite minority act.

11. Will

Will Thread Hijacker

Never happen brother! Same goes for us folks in the other colony!:D

12. Obl1v1Aus

Obl1v1Aus Meh!

I'm a firm believer in forming my opinion of someone by their actions rather than their origins.
    It goes without saying your safe Will, and pretty much everyone else here.:D

13. Withak

Withak aka Whitehawk!

I agree Obl1v1Aus, it's better to get to know the individual rather than lumping someone in with a particular group. There is good and bad in all groups of folks out there. Al obviously has some issues and that's rather unfortunate, but he certainly doesn't speak for all Aussies any more than I speak for all Americans (thank goodness). We've got a good group here and any troublemakers seem to find a way to get themselves weeded out.

14. rock slinger

When I think of Austrailia it sounds like a lot of awesome guys

15. WildBill

When I think of Australia, I think of my Navy days. My ship pulled into Perth, and as we approached the port, a yacht came along side covered with naked women holding banners that read, "We welcome you, Yanks!!!" Once I actually got on land, I was bombarded with beautiful women, lots of liqueur and one hell of a time.

In fact, as I was walking down a street, I was wearing a ball cap that had a caption on it- 'US Navy- another quality home game from Milton Bradley'. Suddenly, I heard someone shouting, "Hey! Mate! Yeah, you, mate!!!" It was a burly construction foreman working on a build site. I walked over and he said, "Hey, mate, I'll trade you caps!" He then handed me his foreman's hard hat. I shrugged and gave him my cap. I still have that hard hat, over 20 years later.

-Wild Bill

Attached Files:

16. Obl1v1Aus

Obl1v1Aus Meh!

Couldnt have said it better myself Withak.

there are a lot of cool guys here, but like anywhere else there are also a lot of jerks. for the most part they are all pretty relaxed, its hard to get too worked up about things when theres so poisionous animals and insects here just waiting to mess you day up.

It's the first impression of a person or country that really counts isn't it, those lasting impressions that make you smile and chuckle.

17. ruthiexxxx

ruthiexxxx ruthiexxxx

I suspect that the migration to this forum from the other one will continue...and that it has a great deal to do with leadership styles !

18. VWscooby

VWscooby Senior Member

Just read your leaving thread, the replies prove that they have never been over here! Friendly here isn't it! :)

19. Haze

Haze New Member

Hey Bill,
    that cap you have is pretty significant with the Builders Laborers Federation sticker on it. They got outlawed for criminal activity. It won't be the only one, but it would be pretty hard to find one now.

20. Obl1v1Aus

Obl1v1Aus Meh!

Oh wow, I'd forgotten about that. Man I was young when that happened, you still occasionally see the stickers on old tradies toolboxes. Nice little bit of Australiana there Bill