Hunting experience (WARNING!!! HUNTING GRAPHICS) HATERS DONT COMMENT!!!

Discussion in 'General Slingshot Discussions' started by egmont, Oct 12, 2013.

Tags:
  1. egmont

egmont Slingshot General

IF YOU DONT LIKE THE IDEA OF HUNTING WITH A SLINGSHOT OR JUST HUNTING IN GENERAL PLESE DONT READ THIS THRED AND PLESE DONT COMMENT AS WELL THANK YOU :)

Hey i have done a bit of slingshot hunting myself but i would like to shere experience withe some other people and i hope i can learn more from you guys

I hunt with 13 mm lead ammo and im using this slingshot with 9 cm theraband gold.

that type of slingshot/rubber/ammo do you use and what species do you hunt?
    i normally hunt pigeons, sometimes magpie and craws but they are hard to come close at.
    if you have some hunting pics you can gladly shere them here to :)

What do you think is the perfect shotplacement? i prefer i shot to the vitals and head, but also a wingshot have been shown pretty effective.

i have had susses while hunting with 9 mm steel but i prefer a bigger caliber because i have more energy with it. i think the reason why i smal 9 mm stell ball is effective is because it flyes faster and have more schok power. what ammo do you use?

I really hope some of you guys have something to shere with mee and all the other hunting interrested people in here.

IF YOU DONT LIKE HUNTING WITH SLINGSHOTS PLESE LEAVE THIS THRED AND DONT COMMENT THIS THRET IS NOT FOR HATERS BUT FOR PEOPLE THAT ACTUALLY HAVE SOMETHING RELEVANT TO SAY, IF YOU COMMENT AND O DONT FIND IT RELEVANT I WILL REMOVE IT!

Attached Files:

2. EyAlter

EyAlter New Member

So why exactly do you kill birds?

3. NyamNyam

NyamNyam Member

Hi,

are these species free to hunt in your country with a slingshot? I'm curious, not hating.

Bye.

4. BeMahoney

BeMahoney Builder of things

Nothing to say

Hi egmont,

I have nothing to say, just two questions:

-Which one tasted best, how do you cook/prepare those as a meal?

-What is "something relevant" in your opinion?

I´m honestly interested in your answers,

best regards,

Be

5. MountainStorm

MountainStorm Termite

I'd love to hear your recipes for seagull and crow.

6. Ryan Wigglesworth

Ryan Wigglesworth Senior Member

anyways, i have a number of supermarkets near my house. i go to "hunt" there, and i take big game sometimes! i dont see a reason to hunt anything while this is available.

7. dolomite

dolomite Banned

Do you eat these animals? Do you use the whole animal like tribesmen? How do you justify a wing shot?, that's cruelty. If you can't do it right maybe you should practice more. You realize this forum is largely uncensored, correct? If it's cool for you to post your morbid ego boost, I guess it's ok for me to question your killing style. Notice as well the lack of a hunting section that all other slingy forums have? The vast majority of active members look down on slingshot hunting so I doubt there's gonna be the high fives you're looking for.

8. BeMahoney

Denmark, June 17th

Denmark, June 17th

Attached Files:

9. tokSick

tokSick Senior Member

+1
    I don' t understand the fact that this thead begins like; IF YOU DONT LIKE THE IDEA OF HUNTING WITH A SLINGSHOT OR JUST HUNTING IN GENERAL PLESE DONT READ THIS THRED AND PLESE DONT COMMENT AS WELL THANK YOU.
    It is like saying; IF YOU DON' T THINK LIKE I DO, SHUT THE FOKOP!!!
    I have nothing against hunting as long as it is to eat what you hunt. Even " pest control" is an excuse( mostly) to kill for pleasure of killing.
    The intro of this thread is impolite IMO.
    PS: I shoot at cans but, for my defense, i drink them!

10. dolomite

dolomite Banned

The coconut water in the cans I hunt is dangerous quarry! This stuff is 4 times more effective than H2O, I'm a man!
    BTW, the best recipe for dry rub for ribs is:
    brown sugar
    salt
    black pepper
    garlic/onion powder
    cumin
    cayenne
    They are in order of proportion from first to last, the proportions are correct when you think it tastes the best.
    Rub on pork ribs, all sides, and let sit overnight in the fridge. Next day, rack ribs in a smoker and smoke with oak till tender, these babies don't even need sauce, but are great with homemade sauce too. Sauce recipe may come at a later threadjacking;). It's legen...wait for it...

11. xXdoomXx

xXdoomXx Junior threadjacker ag. J

I know we shouldn't but I find it is just cruel what if you aimed at a cat with a chip but not a necklace you can scar people for life!! (A bit dramatic but it works) what did they ever do to you to deserve to be shot at ?! Other then making wonderful sounds and chirps what did they do???!! Why don't you eat things like cows that are cut at the necks vein from body to brain so they don't feel it. My cat brought in a bird and it's wing was Brocken so we brought the bird out and never saw from it again. Either you kill it fully or you go to walmart or waitrose or to alberthein and buy some chicken where they die for a good cause and painless. That is all I will say to this (sorry for bad language) mentally retreaded idea of using living things as targets and when down just thrown away or you have footage and they scuttle away and bLeed to death!!

J people that hunt are stupid (not including fishing) only if extreme situations should you hunt!

Last edited: Oct 13, 2013
  12. tokSick

tokSick Senior Member

Meat that you get from the markt/ shop is comming mostly from animals that are not killed in the right way and in the right conditions. That' s why i am not against hunting if it is to eat, not only to kill for killing.
    My problem, here, is the intro of this thread. All is said...

13. Ryan Wigglesworth

in my religion...

Islam forbids using animals or birds for targets when practicing shooting. When Ibn Umar, one of the companions of Prophet Muhammad saw some people practicing archery using a hen as a target, he said:

“The Prophet cursed anyone who made a living thing into a target (for practice).”

The Prophet Muhammad also said:

“‘Whoever kills a bird or anything else without its due right, God would ask him about it.’ It was said: ‘O Messenger of God! What is its due right?’ He said: ‘To kill it for food…and do not sever its head, and throw it!’” (Targheeb)

http://www.call-to-monotheism.com/animals_in_islam__by_al_hafiz_b_a__masri

14. Ghosth

Ghosth Over the hill but still swinging!

Well hunting is one thing, assuming it is done right, all rules followed etc.

Killing pests is quite a different thing. Where I grew up Crow's were on that list.
    So I've shot at a few, and killed a few. In my opinion a crow is a worthy adversary.
    Crow's have long memory's, you'll seldom trick one twice. If you hunt them seriously they will teach you respect if nothing else.

However I don't see much to brag about in killing seagull's.

Now I hunted for years, I've thinned starling populations out of our yard as a teenager. I've hunted most North American gamebirds at one time or another. But I never did subscribe to killing everything that I could kill, just because I could do it. That road leads directly to "Might makes Right" and as a concept to live by most find it seriously lacking.

The question you need to be asking yourself is, Why are you doing this? Be honest, with yourself if not us.

I don't hate on anyone for hunting, but I don't consider shooting seagulls hunting. Not unless your going to eat it. I won't get into the economic aspects of hunting. We all know buying fish at the market is cheaper than going fishing in terms of cost per pound.

15. tokSick

tokSick Senior Member

It is almost Al Aïd and i' ll see a lot of animals "sacrified". I think, muslims have the best way to kill the animal. Don' t make it suffer before the kill, don' t let him know he is gonna die, don' t kill it in front of other sheep, etc...

16. Ryan Wigglesworth

also the sacrifice is divided up, 1 third for you, 1 third for your family and 1 third for the poor.

in the early stages of Islam, Umar banned eating meat more than 2 days in a row, and some ppl were so poor they could only eat meat on these festival days. interesting facts.

really if you ask me the world would be much better off if we banned eating meat more than 2 days in a row, no1 would go hungry as we have more than enough grain if it wasnt being fed to the animals.

as it stands 10 million children alone iirc are starving to death per year. this wouldnt happen if we better managed our food supplies and one way to do this is to not depend on meat so much.

17. BeMahoney

Einstein

I asked slingshot600 sth... to go to a pigfarm, an industrial
    "meat production plant" for a reason: thats all disgusting!

In fact, any meat includes suffering and pain! All that moving stuff
    on our steel ball is meant to live!- And we humans of course act
    without dignity if we accept that suffering. (this is an argument pro
    hunting! animals in their natural habitat)

Just because it´s packed in plastic it´s not perfectly ethical...
    On the other hand it is in a way legitimate to cheat on one´s senses
    like that; children need meat IMHO. But being honest means to
    admit we have a choice!

Einstein said, that if we would stop eating meat, we were a lot closer
    to peace on earth. "Production" of meat wastes a large amounts of
    resources; water, wheat..

I do eat meat; knowing what I like most is the spices
    (thanks for the recipy, dolo). But I know I could do better.

But it´s just horrible to turn any living being to mere "rubbish",
    by removing breath and blood using a round; proving what´s
    certain: I CAN KILL.

IF I PUNCH SOMEONES THROAT, THEN HE START DYING.
    THEN HE IS DEAD. VERY SIMPLE. IRREVERSIBLE.

like kings of leon say: Live until we live no more.

WHAT DO YOU THINK IS RELEVANT?

Love fits virtue.. I think I follow my heart, it´s a very good place to start

[ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ChRs2RJELRQ&list=PL3A297A48938DF34A[/ame]

Be (honest)

18. BeMahoney

Thank you

Ryan, it´s good to know you are here.

In Metta cittena,

Be (whos real name is hebrew, meaning "my asset is God")

19. Will

Will Thread Hijacker

I see you shot yourself a 'dump duck.' You must have been quite hungry.