Hunting equipment

Discussion in 'General Slingshot Discussions' started by robi, Sep 20, 2013.

1. robi

robi Roberto

Hello everyone
    I really need some guidance because i would like to buy a slingshot from www.simple-shot.com 'The scout slingshot'. the fact is that when i go to look for the bands in order to make it more powerful there is so many different types that confuse me. Also the ammunition confuses me what maybe two diameters do you guys recommend me for hunting. (can i use the same pouch)
    Being that I have to ship internationally I would like to buy a stock so i have enough for aFor you that hunt what do you recomend me.
    Consider that i was planning to hunt rabbits and birds
    thank you very much

2. Moin moin,

what brings you power, if you miss?
    -
    But start off small, and try to hit your target first (tin).
    Then the distance that you need ......
    -
    Thus you get the experience that you need then.
    -
    Because you really should give no hints here, assuming that you are not accurate! Because it would mean the animal, or whatever you always "hunting" want (tin cans, are good targets) injured, and suffering ....

Would this be OK?

-

was bringt dir Power, wenn du nicht triffst?
    -
    Fange doch mal klein an, und versuche dein Ziel erstmal zu treffen (Blechdose).
    Das dann auf eine Entfernung, die du brauchst......
    -
    Somit bekommst du auch die Erfahrung, die du dann benötigst.
    -
    Denn eigentlich dürfte dir hier keiner Tips geben, wenn man davon ausgeht, das du nicht treffsicher bist! Denn dann würde das Tier, oder was du auch immer "Jagen" möchtest (Blechdosen, sind gute Ziele) verletzt, und leidet....

Währe das OK?

3. G_Y

G_Y aiming the less

Hunting is limited to a few persons on private ground in my country. But there was a post somewhere in internet about 12mm steel balls or lead and that they are able to kill doves and rabbits with headshots only.
    Reason for this is that the momentum of slingshot-ammo (momentum is a function of mass and velocity) is much lower than from firearm-ammo.

So i ask myself who has got so much perfection to hit small targets like birds heads from a distance. I'm afraid that most time hits are not lethal so for myself i have to deny slingshot hunting.

4. dolomite

dolomite Banned

You need to be able to hit a soda can every time from at least 20-25 feet, EVERY time. Otherwise its barbaric and cruel, the only legitimate kill is quick and clean. Is there law against a .22lr where you live?

5. robi

robi Roberto

guys you misunderstood me
    I know that headshots are essential. I already have a slingshot but i would never use the one I have to hunt. The reason why I don't know what elastics would suit. I like to hit cans with the one I have but its not strong enough. The fact is that I would like to set up a slingshot for hunting varmint and small game. I have a small farm so I would be hunting in my private land. I would like to buy a hunting set up so that I can practice to get ready to hunt it's clear that I would not go hunting as soon as I get it, but i would like to start training as soon as possible and to get used to a powerful slingshot.
    I hope you guys understand
    thank you

6. dolomite

dolomite Banned

Oh, sorry m8, misunderstood. You'd be best served making your own bandset with tbg, made as strong as you can comfortably shoot a few times. All you need in hunting is a few good shots right?, makes no sense to use something where you leave power on the table. .40-.50 cal lead will do for rabbits and birds, I never hunt but that setup would shred a paintcan so It'd do on little fleash things.

7. rock slinger

rock slinger I rarely shoot rocks!

Pm nathen he will help tou out

8. Moin moin,

If you want to prepare yourself for hunting,
    you can do that here!
    What you broke it? As high ball speed .... and weight ....!
    -
    If you practice, you do that then coinciding with the greatest possible weights? Or you start low, and increase it slowly?
    -
    How do you get faster ..... baubles Which you can read here, or watch on youtube.
    Take your time and look for old posts!
    Otherwise you hate not interested .....!
    -
    -
    A tip: think about times a panna ... (Pana)

-

Wenn du dich auf Jagen vorbereiten möchtest,
    kannst du das hier!
    Was brachst du denn? Eine möglichst hohe Kugelgeschwindigkeit.... und Gewicht....!
    -
    Wenn man übt, macht man das dann gleich mit dem grösst möglichen Gewichten? Oder fängt man gering an, und steigert es langsam?
    -
    Wie man Kugeln schneller bekommt..... , das kannst du hier lesen, oder auf youtube ansehen.
    Nimm dir die Zeit, und schaue dir alte Beiträge an!
    Ansonsten hasst du kein Interesse daran.....!
    -
    -
    Ein Tip: überlege mal ein Panna... (Pana)

9. Y-shooter

Y-shooter Member

10. robi

robi Roberto

11. Y-shooter

Y-shooter Member

1, The bands are good.
    2, it depends how wide you cut it.
    We don't know how strong you are.
    3, 0.030 is thinner and probably a bit faster.
    0.040 can handle heavier ammo better.
    4, it depends on ammo weight and your draw length.
    What is good for me may not work for you.
    Another great hunting link is

http://slingshotforum.com/forum/23-slingshot-hunting/

12. robi

robi Roberto

13. Jeremy

Jeremy Senior member who totally rocks a pink Scout! Pink

I've been wondering the same thing myself. I have enjoyed everyone's input as well. I currently have 3/8 steel ammo I can practice with. I also plan on getting a Scout from Nathan, as well as led ammo as well.

14. egmont

egmont Slingshot General

I use hommade 12.5 mm lead balls and 9 cm homemade bandset from theraband gold (5 cm at the forg 4 cm at the poutch) my poutch is 9,5x1.3 cm and i shot it from a homemade thumb and indexfinger supported natural forg i use this setup for pigeon sized birds out to a maximum of 20 meters

Last edited: Oct 6, 2013
  15. zwillie

zwillie New Member

Hi,
    I am pissed to hear that guys shoot lead in the nature.
    Maybe I am the only one who don`t hit with every shot.
    Zwillie

16. robi

robi Roberto

thank you for your advice,
    i understand what you mean zwillie... i don't like lead and i don't use it
    but it is more recommended for hunting because it is heavier