Howdy from the Blue Ridge Mountains USA

Discussion in 'Welcome & Introductions' started by MountainStorm, Oct 4, 2013.

1. MountainStorm

MountainStorm Termite

Thought I would say howdy. Been following the work/play of Herr Sprave for a while now on YouTube. Being something of a mad inventor myself I am encouraged to make some sling shots and know just about nothing. But I never let that stop me.

Projectile weapons fascinate me and I have built a few odd catapults, but never considered making a conventional sling shot.

I look forward to learning more about them.

Thank you for creating this forum.

2. Withak

Withak aka Whitehawk!

Welcome to the forum MountainStorm. Looking at the videos you just posted, I take it that you are CyberDruidtheModGod on YT? If so, I'm already familiar with some of your work, I believe I first found your channel after I saw a video for those custom shell cutters/preppers for making wax slug shots. Nice work. We'll look forward to your slingshot work too.

3. MountainStorm

MountainStorm Termite

I appreciate the welcome.

I'll be in the shop today working on some prototypes. All I can say at this time is I have a lot of acrylic scrap and a lot to learn. Lucky for me the scrap is "free" and I'm a fast learner :p

4. xXdoomXx

xXdoomXx Junior threadjacker ag. J

Welcome to the forum :)

5. Lacumo

Lacumo Member

Welcome to SSC!

6. man_thursday

man_thursday New Member

Howdy back! I'm in the foothills of the Blue Ridge myself. Welcome aboard!

7. MountainStorm

MountainStorm Termite

Thanks for the welcome guys.

8. tokSick

tokSick Senior Member

Hi and welcome to the forum. Looking foreward to see your work. I already subscribed to your channel.
    Cheerz and happy shootin'.
    Red

9. MountainStorm

MountainStorm Termite

I appreciate the welcome and the feedback on my work. As I dive into sling making it's clear there are many subtle features of frame geometry and shooting technique that only become obvious after smashing your hand with a rock...lol