How to make a draw length extended slingbow

Discussion in 'Tutorial videos' started by JoergS, Sep 16, 2011.

1. JoergS

JoergS Administrator

<embed pluginspage="http://www.macromedia.com/go/getflashplayer" src="http://www.youtube.com/v/oz3ruRsh-HY" width="425" height="350" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" wmode="transparent" quality="high" scale="exactfit"></embed>

2. DukaThe

DukaThe New Member

Zombies,WATCH OUT!!!

3. natalino

natalino New Member

i make one but smaller

4. Antraxx

Antraxx #7

On this one you can clearly see what i also like the most. after you sanded it the weapon looks totally different....a clear-coat or final color and those last finishing steps are doing more for the looks then all those difficult steps before.<br>i love finishing something.

5. McMilchreis

McMilchreis New Member

Pretty powerful that crossbow!

6. Cuthbert Allgood

Cuthbert Allgood New Member

this thing is sick.. dont we all wish zombies were real

7. WildWilly

WildWilly New Member

I made one of these a few monts back with tripple theraband golld on each side. Wickedly powerful and a blast to shoot. A bow string release is a must if you are pulling anything more than one band per side otherwise it will hurt your fingers to much. I got a cheapo release from Walmart for around $14.00 U.S. and it works just fine for the job. I plan on building another one soon and incorporating a fiber optic sight system of some kind to aid in aiming. I also plan on building another one as a dedicated bow fishing rig. These thigs are awesome fun to shoot and relatively easy to build with a jigsaw and drill and comon hand tools.

8. Cherokee John

Cherokee John New Member

Mr. Joerg did you every consider making a notch in the ring for the arrow to "set" better in the ring? Thank you so much for your videos.

9. flydown

flydown New Member

<table width="90%" cellspacing="1" cellpadding="0" border="0" align="center">
    <tr><td><span class="genmed"><b>WildWilly wrote:</b></span></td></tr>
    <tr><td class="quote">I made one of these a few monts back with tripple theraband golld on each side. Wickedly powerful and a blast to shoot. A bow string release is a must if you are pulling anything more than one band per side otherwise it will hurt your fingers to much. I got a cheapo release from Walmart for around $14.00 U.S. and it works just fine for the job. I plan on building another one soon and incorporating a fiber optic sight system of some kind to aid in aiming. I also plan on building another one as a dedicated bow fishing rig. These thigs are awesome fun to shoot and relatively easy to build with a jigsaw and drill and comon hand tools.</td></tr>
    </table>
    <span class="postbody"><br><br><br><br>I am wanting to build one of these and set it up as a bowfishing rig also. I am wanting to use it for frog hunting. Sometimes the frogs are in places that you just can't get to with a gig. I have not yet figured out where to find the pdf file mentioned in the video.</span>

10. tokSick

tokSick Senior Member

<tr><td><span class="genmed"><b>flydown wrote:</b></span></td></tr>
    <tr><td class="quote">
    <tr><td><span class="genmed"><b>WildWilly wrote:</b></span></td></tr>
    <tr><td class="quote">I made one of these a few monts back with tripple theraband golld on each side. Wickedly powerful and a blast to shoot. A bow string release is a must if you are pulling anything more than one band per side otherwise it will hurt your fingers to much. I got a cheapo release from Walmart for around $14.00 U.S. and it works just fine for the job. I plan on building another one soon and incorporating a fiber optic sight system of some kind to aid in aiming. I also plan on building another one as a dedicated bow fishing rig. These thigs are awesome fun to shoot and relatively easy to build with a jigsaw and drill and comon hand tools.</td></tr>
    </table>
    <span class="postbody"><br><br><br><br>I am wanting to build one of these and set it up as a bowfishing rig also. I am wanting to use it for frog hunting. Sometimes the frogs are in places that you just can't get to with a gig. I have not yet figured out where to find the pdf file mentioned in the video.</span>
    </td></tr>
    </table>
    <span class="postbody"><br>I gave you the link for the PDF on your welcome topic.<br>Cheers</span>

11. flydown

flydown New Member

Thank You tokSick

12. tokSick

tokSick Senior Member

You' re welcome bud.

13. e_monster55

e_monster55 New Member

so how does one get this thing shooting at least 45 LBs?

14. techmadman

techmadman New Member

hi joerg, i am new to your forum and am really impressed with your creations. i saw a video of you with this slig bow and saw that you had created an arm stabilizer for this sling bow and was wondering is you had the blueprints for it?