How do you attach wide bands to your pouches?

Discussion in 'General Slingshot Discussions' started by Elastiman, Jan 19, 2014.

1. Elastiman

Elastiman New Member

Hi everyone. How do you all attach your bands to your pouches? I want to attach really wide bands to a standard pouch. Do you taper the ends to smaller points or just force them through the small holes? I'm worried about jumbled up rubber reducing accuracy and maybe causing twisting. I've been using zip ties to secure mine to the pouches. What techniques do you prefer for that as well?

2. VWscooby

VWscooby Senior Member

i use the wrap and tuck to attach pouches, same as at the forks. As far as wide rubber goes, I would fold it. There was a how-to thread about this a while back but cant remember what it was called.

Anyone?

3. onnod

onnod Im from Holland, isnt that weird?

I fold my wide bands untill they fit, the folding won't affect accuracy :) to attach the bands to the pouch i use a constrictor knot

Sent from my GT-I9300 using Slingshot Forum mobile app

4. Obl1v1Aus

Obl1v1Aus Meh!

I roll or fold my bands to fit, and use wrap and tuck to secure them, gamekeeper john on YouTube has a good video on how he makes his bandsets, as does Simpleshot which you can find on their page.

5. dolomite

dolomite Banned

+1 for the gamekeeper John vid,the best how to in my opinion.

6. buckshot500

buckshot500 Hoonigan Jeeper

7. Withak

Withak aka Whitehawk!

I don't have a band tying rig, yet. I'm planning to make one and I just bought 2 of those mini vises a couple of weeks ago - I just need to build the rig. But, I've been making band sets and tying pouches since last summer and have done them all without a rig. You can do the same thing Gamekeeper John does in that video without a rig, it's just a bit harder. I just tied up 3 more pouches this morning with nothing more than my hands. I agree that the rig will make it easier though.

8. buckshot500

buckshot500 Hoonigan Jeeper

Yeah he's got a good idea with that rig.

I'm always about making it easier whenever possible.

Plus it looks more professional than i imagine it would for me to tie them by hand. The band is also stretched while it's being tied, so that is better as well.

I'll be getting those vises ordered in a few days.

I just got a good cutting wheel and self healing cutting board set from Fiskars yesterday.

I guess i'm pretty well set on turning out some slingshots.

9. Elastiman

Elastiman New Member

Thanks for all the help guys.