How do i cut thera band without rotary cutters?

Discussion in 'General Slingshot Discussions' started by kenyon-slingshots, May 2, 2013.

1. kenyon-slingshots

kenyon-slingshots New Member

I have tried cutting thera band with every knife i have, i have even tried hot knives and nothing works plz if you know how to cut thera band without rotary cutters respond.
    Btw i have rottary cutters just lost them

2. BrPio

BrPio .

I don't have rotary cutters (I may get some one day). I use fabric cutting shears, while cutting slowly and carefully. But if anyone knows other ways I'd like to know too.

3. JoergS

JoergS Administrator

You can use these large table paper cutters. Some people use adhesive tape on both sides of the Thera Band, then you can cut it with a sharp stanley knife.

But my experience is that the bands break earlier when you use anything but fairly new rotary cutter blades. One nick and the bands will tear at that point.

4. jt-1911

jt-1911 Senior Member ProPlatinum

I once burned through the bands with a red hot metal strip, and it worked just fine! The bands are still working today!

5. kenyon-slingshots

kenyon-slingshots New Member

wow thnx great vid helped heaps

6. eulengesicht

eulengesicht New Member

I used medical scissors from a first aid kit. Worked fine but still look like bitten :)

7. egmont2

egmont2 Junior Member

Put tape on both site of the rubber, and cut it with sissors, i have never had a band break doe to that :)

8. rock slinger

rock slinger I rarely shoot rocks!