How can I improve my slingshot????

Discussion in 'General Slingshot Discussions' started by yaron, Aug 23, 2013.

1. yaron

yaron New Member

Hello everyone .. I would like to ask you to how to improve my slingshot I will raise four pictures and you give me advice thanks helpers ..
    :):)
    [​IMG][/URL][/IMG]
    [​IMG][/URL][/IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG][/URL][/IMG]
    [URL=http://www.siz.co.il/]
    [IMG][URL=http://www.siz.co.il/][IMG]http://up387.siz.co.il/up1/mnmiwcwzdiz4.jpg[/URL][/IMG]

2. Will

Will Thread Hijacker

Well, I would get rid of the plastic zip-ties and replace them with the 'rubber tie-off' method. Then I would consider getting a leather pouch. You will be much happier with that. As far as the actual slingshot goes, I can't really see it very well in the picture.
    Just little improvements, and it will look much better. Good luck!

3. mvd

mvd Builds with scrap

Get yourself some decent leather, from a scrap shoe or whatever you can get and make a pouch out of it, loose that belt piece. Same goes for the zip ties at the fork and the pouch, you do not want to get handslapped by these (also they will tear the rubber at a much faster rate).
    Use some string or smal stripes of rubber instead.

The frame itself looks really good.

EDIT: One minute to late :D

4. yaron

yaron New Member

Thank you both helped me a lot and I was just such improvements

5. Brazilviking

Brazilviking Thread Hijacker

Leather pouch...rubberstripes and lanyard......and thera band gold, of course. Cut it in 2 layers each side instead of this all folded rubber. TBG is stronger than silver.

6. CEZ

CEZ New Member

The slinghshot looks ok, I woul maybe sand down any hard edges for band-life sake. Idon't know if it's a TTF or OTT design but whatever it is, the bands shouldn't be attached like that, it just looks dangerous.
    As for the bandset, same as above, use wrap and tuck for attachments and maybe use thinner double strips of thera band per side instead of a single wide piece, it's safer that way when it brakes.
    I don't mean to sound rude but that pouch is huuuge! Unless you launch cannon balls with that, you would be better off with a smaller leather one, it will last longer and make your projectiles go faster since it would be lighter, probably less painful handslaps as well. The lighter the pouch, the better. Cow leather is ok, pig leather is better and kangaroo is best the stuff if you can get your hands on it.

7. yaron

yaron New Member

Thank you all and brazil viking I know better gold gray just is not enough money to gold

8. dolomite

dolomite Banned

That model may be safer to use with the Chinese tubes it was designed for, more user friendly at least.