How about another Challenge?

Discussion in 'General Slingshot Discussions' started by Flipgun, Nov 9, 2014.

1. Flipgun

Flipgun Well-Known Member

I know that a lot of us are concentrating on the Xmas trade and personal projects, but I find that a side project often relaxes me for the more important stuff. We have had a "Dollar Store and Thrift Store Challenge that went very well. So, I was thinking about a "Flooring Sample Challenge".
    Home Depot/Lowe's (and the local equivalent) has flooring samples the cost from 0-98 cents. They usually range from 9X9.5 cm to 12X10 cm of usable wood. (NO larger!) You may laminate as many pieces as you like for thickness but not for width or height. Downsize your favorite board cut and finish out as a full scale shooter. You must post a picture of the finished shooter with an AA battery for scale. The only prize will be bragging rights. (Yes Dolo, I know.) :p You will have until 7:45 PM central time USA the 22nd(DECEMBER) to post a picture. Community Poll will be open until the 29th to decide the winner.

Attached Files:

Last edited: Nov 9, 2014
  2. onnod

onnod Im from Holland, isnt that weird?

I have three nice oak flooring samples waiting to be used... Lets hope school gives me enough free time to do something with them :)

3. TheNewSlingshotGuy

TheNewSlingshotGuy AKA- "The Raccoon"

If I could get flooring samples and the tools to cut them, I would do it. But believe it or not, there is no such thing as wood flooring in Israel. Nobody has a wood floor here. Everything is stone. :(

4. lucas414

lucas414 New Member

Nice idea, i got to find out where i can get those in the netherlands

Slingshots forever.

5. wellmade2040

wellmade2040 New Member

Sounds like a lot of fun, I'll try it out.

6. bigdh2000

bigdh2000 Administrator

Read Flipgun's post carefully. He never said the flooring samples had to be wood...

7. bigdh2000

bigdh2000 Administrator

Got a lot going on Flipgun. Did you mean November 22 or December 22? November 22 will never happen for me but December 22 will.

8. Withak

Withak aka Whitehawk!

+1 to Dan's comment - I don't think I can fit this in this month - next month, maybe. I really like the idea though.

9. Gniaffron

Gniaffron Junior Member

November will be tough for me as well (in addition to the fact that there are no flooring samples around here...)

10. lucas414

lucas414 New Member

Just ordered 3 samples, my dad can get me some more samples, i am using free samples only, so this means that a good challenge does not have to cost any mony, it was even free delivery within 3 days, so that will be fine, i am starting ASAP

Slingshots forever.

11. GunGuy

GunGuy Active Member

I might be able to try this one I just happen too have a couple of these samples from a recent trade.

12. TheNewSlingshotGuy

TheNewSlingshotGuy AKA- "The Raccoon"

:)
    I think if they had wooden floor samples and I REEEEEEEEEALY wanted to, I could manage with my Leatherman's wood saw and file to bring it to shape. I don't know what I would do with stone. :)

13. lucas414

lucas414 New Member

Just search the internet for free flooring samples, i ordered 3 free samples with free delivery

Slingshots forever.

14. Drew_Bilbrey

Drew_Bilbrey Drew Bilbrey

15. Piet

Piet Member

lucas414, do you have a link?

16. lucas414

lucas414 New Member

Sure i got that link for ya, all free, loved it. http://www.handyfloor.nl/vloeren-1.html just click gratis staal, it will immediatly place it in your shopping cart, checkout, no billing info required

Slingshots forever.

17. seppman

seppman Folding-Ladder Expert

Good idea, but I have not enough time, sorry. Working on the christmas and another personal trade at the moment, have lots of fixed dates in the coming few weeks and I want to should again and not just build. :)

Count me in next time!

18. lucas414

lucas414 New Member

Also ordered a free bamboo sample, making my free sample total 4, giving me some choise when laminating it

Slingshots forever.

19. lucas414

lucas414 New Member

Oh and for piet, the bamboo sample came from natuurlijkebamboe.nl

Slingshots forever.

20. lucas414

lucas414 New Member