Hot pepper mishap.

Discussion in 'Off Topic' started by jnmbhj, Jan 31, 2014.

1. jnmbhj

jnmbhj Slingshots FTW

I ordered some ghost peppers aka bhut jolokia and so what happened was that I chopped them up to powder like and put it in a cup of hot water and what happened was I was doing something else and I went to grab a drink and accidentally drank the bhut jolokia and the hot water (now cold) And it was hot!!!! I was down for a good 2 hours. Also I did not have any milk. Bummer

Anyways did eat something that you shouldn't before?
    And how bad was it?

2. Tubes

Tubes weird kid in the corner

Let me disobey the rules for a second and say that that must've hurt like a b***c, just saying.

Sent from my iPad using Slingshot Forum

3. Flipgun

Flipgun Well-Known Member

I was in my shop and grabbed what I thought was a jug of water that turned out to be a jug of white vinegar.

4. Tubes

Tubes weird kid in the corner

Ughhhhh...that must've been horrible.

Sent from my iPad using Slingshot Forum

5. tivo532

tivo532 Junior Member

Grabbed an un-open salad dressing from the pantry and used it on veggie and had that painful/rolling stomach pain overnight! Check on the expiration date and was two yrs over! :eek:

6. jnmbhj

jnmbhj Slingshots FTW

oww I thought having 1 month old expired milk was bad but this is a whole new level.

7. Flipgun

Not as bad as some wine I have bought.:eek:

8. WildBill

WildBill The Silly Song Guy

This didn't happen to me personally, but I was there.

On the way back from the Gulf War, our ship stopped Phuket, Thailand. Myself and four other shipmates decided to find a good, local restaurant. We went deep into the town, far beyond the 'touristy' parts, and found a cool local dive. No one inside the place spoke English. We all sat down at a table, and the waiter gave us menus. We managed to communicate that we had no clue and, after giving him the equivalent of $20.00 US in Thai money and a lot of shrugs, he proceeded to fill our table with food.

The first thing set before us were a couple of bowls of slice peppers of some unknown origin. Jim, the most adventurous among us, cried, "Yeah! Red Jalepenos! I'm game!" After which he grabbed several slices and popped them into his mouth.

Jims' head turn a most vibrant wine color. His eyes teared like Be over a dead man, and the sweat immediately appeared from nowhere. After about three seconds, he literally fell backwards out of his chair, and was completely passed out. It took five minutes for us to revive him.

He did not eat anything else that night.

-Wild Bill

9. Will

Will Thread Hijacker

I ate these mushrooms once....:D

10. studer1972

studer1972 scooter trash

Just about everything I ate over in India last April. If it wasn't for the sandwich booth in the company cafeteria, I'd have died. I think my coworkers were messing with me. When we were out on the town they'd say "try this, we ordered it without spices" but it sure didn't taste that way to this midwesterner. For a Minnesotan, until I went to India, I used to have a pretty good tolerance for spice. Apparently the mild version of real Indian cooking over there makes the spicy version in Minnesota look like plain oatmeal. I can barely handle any spice at all anymore. I dun been wimpicized.

11. studer1972

studer1972 scooter trash

The most spice tolerant person I know in Minnesota says Thai food has the most heat. Owie! Owie! Owie!

12. jnmbhj

jnmbhj Slingshots FTW

That is completely true. I remember the first Thai dish I had with a few friends that were from Thailand. They said that the dish was not hot at all but to be it tasted like as if I swallowed napalm.

13. WildBill

Be happy I didn't tell you about what happened afterwards.

Okay, I'm gonna ruin your life now...

***Warning to BeMahoney*** Stop reading now!!!

Jim headed back to the ship without supper, in pain and his manhood in question. The rest of us continued our meal. After what we thought was the whole thing was done, the waiter, through unintelligible (to us) comments and gestures, lured our party to a patio behind the main building. Note that, in the local economy of 1991, we had given this place a ridiculous amount of money to fed five (now four) men. We were then seated at a table that was very unusual. The table was round, but split in half. A hinge was on one side, and a small, maybe three inch hole at most, was in the middle of it. After we were in attendance, two men brought us a monkey. The monkey was placed in the center hole, and then the table was slammed shut and latched closed- leaving the monkey's head protruding from the center of the table. Chairs were placed 'round and were were beckoned to sit. One we did, we were given small plates, very long spoons looking much like the pipes that leprechauns smoke, and small hammers akin to what are used to test reflexes. Meanwhile, this monkey was screaming bloody murder from the center of the table.

We all sat down, but were stunned. None of us knew what was going on or what to do. Finally, the waiter grabbed my hammer and began to smack the monkey's head- starting at the temple- and slowly and with deft blows all around the little beast's brain pan. when he finished this, he produced a long knife and made a cut 360 degrees around it's head. By this time, the monkey was still alive and was making a bone-chilling whimper. Next, the waiter grasped the top of it's head and with one quick stroke pulled the cranium right off of the little dude. He then picked up my spoon, handed it to me, and gestured towards the monkey.

Mind you, I, along with the rest of us, were given a lot of alcohol prior to this point; but despite this I was still apprehensive. A monkey was in front of me, his head stuck in a table, and he was giving out a whiny chatter that would have made Linda Blair proud. The waiter gestured towards the now exposed brain. I looked at the thing, saw it's pain, and in my drunken stupor assumed that the sooner I tried this, the sooner it would be out of it's misery. So I took the spoon and dug into the cerebellum.

I freaked out. The moment my spoon dug in I could hear the body of the monkey (that was, of course, unseen under the table) thrash about. The waiter smiled wryly, gave me a non-vocal assurance, and motioned me to press on. I did. The thrashing ceased as I dug in and got a spoonful of still living monkey brain. With much trepidation, I then ate it.

Live monkey brains taste kinda like scrambled eggs, with the consistency of fried Calamari.

I have been emotionally scarred ever since.

-Wild Bill

Last edited: Jan 31, 2014
  14. Will

Will Thread Hijacker

I would truly enjoy this 'challenge' as such...
    I love the taste and the fire!
    However, as I get older, the fire becomes overrated!

15. Withak

Withak aka Whitehawk!

Damn...that is just....damn.

16. WildBill

Yeah. It's the only meal I ever ate that gave me nightmares.

-Wild Bill

17. dolomite

dolomite Banned

Damn, the only monkey brain I ever was associated with was a drunken joke at a co-ed party. When you pull it tight, the veins look like the ridges of a brain...:eek:.

On the topic of shouldn't have ate something, the food wasn't bad but the aftermath was. My wife and I were still in that new relationship phase and went on a roadtrip to San Diego, we stayed at my cousin's place. His roommate and I had really hit it off the last time I was there and he wanted to include me in that nights plans. They were having a nice drink made of coconut, pineapple, and...the same kind of mushrooms will mentioned before. The party was just fine but... The next day we went to a local restaurant called Coco's Kitchen, damn good food, I had a massive pile of hashbrowns with eggs on top and a freaking boatload of gravy. We had rode with my cousin in his Dodge 1500, his roommate drove his Grand Am GT. Heres where shart went sideways, literally. My cousin asked me to drive his truck because he was hung over(liar), as soon as I get the damn thing started the roommate floors the Pontiac and shoots off. Not having a damn clue where we were or a cell phone with us, I had no logical(to the hung over brain) choice but to give chase. Eric was hitting 4 way intersections with yellow lights doing around 70 and turning, the damn truck had the small v8 so I was getting there as they turned red and barely getting through, drifting the full size pickup in the process. Eric thought that was funny isht so he started trying to catch me at red lights. After too many close calls and drifted corners we got back to their house where what had just gone down finally hit me, I damn near wasted 20USD of breakfast in the driveway. This was right before having a 5 hour car ride back home, I wanted to die.

18. Flipgun

Me Too, Once! (a bunch of times.;) )

19. slingpit

slingpit Slingshot addicted

I like hot sauces and i started to buy one with 90.000 Scoville, which is the unit of the sharpness degree specified.
    It wasn´t as hot as i thought, so i ordered one with 500.000 Scoville. I made a nice Chili and took only one drop of this inside. I tasted it and there was it, a very impresive feeling. I had to sit down and cry.
    My wife was laughing at me. She took a spoon and before i could say anything, she tasted the Chili too. After we both were able to think normal, we decided to dispose the Chili.

Attached Files:

20. dolomite

dolomite Banned

My motto is never eat isht with a black widow on the label, looks deadly!