The Slingshot Forums banner
21 - 40 of 40 Posts

·
Premium Member
5,803 Posts
Discussion Starter · #21 ·
Bin ja kein technischer Zeichner - nur ein einfacher Diplom-Kaufmann.

Die Skizze ist alles was ich verwendet habe, wie man im Video sieht. Wer es damit nicht schafft sollte sich lieber an einem einfacheren Build versuchen.

·
1,543 Posts
@knallfrosch

Ich hatte schon zugehört und auch die Bilder gefunden. Mir war nur nicht klar, dass es sich dabei um die benannten Zeichnungen (Mehrzahl) handelt.
Denn im Beitrag ist "nur" eine Handskizze.
Daher bin ich davon ausgegangen, dass es ggf. "Irgendwo" andere drawings gibt.

Gruss
Piepmaen
Sorry für meine schnippische Antwort,war nicht böse gemeint. Aber hier tauchen halt regelmäßig Leute auf die nach blueprints rufen ohne auch nur einmal die suche bemüht zu haben. Und du bist vermutlich noch nicht lange genug dabei um zu wissen, dass Jörg von den meisten Geräten keine blueprints macht.
Meistens sind die Videos aber detailiert genug um alle wichtigen Features zu erkennen und nachbaubar zu machen. Und wenn nicht, dann kann man darauf wetten, dass es ein feature ist, was in einem anderen Video schon einmal erklärt wurde... es ist alles da... man muss manchmal eben ein bischen suchen :)

·
Registered
1 Posts
Joerg,

I have to say, this is an awesome "hobby" you have. I just recently came across your Youtube channel and love it. I have a Cobra hand crossbow and see me making the magazine for it.

Do you have plans that have measurements on it for making the pump version?

Larry

·
Premium Member
5,803 Posts
Discussion Starter · #28 ·
I have my doubts that the spring design works here, too. First it seems that you can't even open the latch with springs like that. Then, the springs are much shorter here due to the shorter arrows, yet the magazine is deeper. This would mean that the springs have to bend more than they can tolerate.

So my conclusion is nope, won't work.

EDIT: Plus your trigger axis is too low. The trigger axis must be exactly in the line of the force vector or else no spring will be able to hold it in place under strain.

·
Registered
4 Posts
I have my doubts that the spring design works here, too. First it seems that you can't even open the latch with springs like that. Then, the springs are much shorter here due to the shorter arrows, yet the magazine is deeper. This would mean that the springs have to bend more than they can tolerate.

So my conclusion is nope, won't work.

EDIT: Plus your trigger axis is too low. The trigger axis
must be exactly in the line of the force vector or else no spring will be able to hold it in place under strain.
Appreciate the criticism, ive made some adjustments, removed the spring idea and went back to rubber also added space for a second bow to double the power. Cocking with the original pump would be near impossible with one hand now so i abandoned the idea. Also corrected the low axis

Attachments

·
Registered
4 Posts
Well this is using the Cobra fiber glass bows and according joergs review of them the advertized draw on each is 80lb but the actual pull weight is somewhere around 50lb so the probable draw weight is 100lb

·
Registered
1 Posts
How wide is the magazine? Is it wide enough for the fetchings to move easily, or are the fetchings flexible enough to fit in a space the width of the shaft? I'm considering building one of these myself and the blueprinta don't show.

·
Registered
1 Posts
Outstanding! I'm getting caught up but I just have to build this one first. I guess I can guestimate the dimensions based on the arrow size but I'd like to know what your finished height and length was? Keep up the good work!

·
Registered
3 Posts
I've been watching these videos off and on for years... Great Work!

I was wondering if a mod could be done that would allow for pre-loaded swappable magazines could done. Perhaps using rare earth magnets to ensure that they don't fall off.

21 - 40 of 40 Posts