high visibility colors

Discussion in 'General Slingshot Discussions' started by studer1972, Jun 5, 2013.

1. studer1972

studer1972 scooter trash

I wanted to start painting my steel, lead, and tungsten ammo for easier retrieval. I'm afraid to shoot my tungsten ball for fear of losing it. All my research points to fluorescent chartreuse as my best bet, but I really think the pink would show up best against dead leaves and grass or garage detritus. Any advice, experience, or opinions?

[​IMG]

all of the above colors are a lot brighter IRL and are just provided as examples.

2. onnod

onnod Im from Holland, isnt that weird?

i'd take either the 223-255-0 or the 255-0-143, they just look the most visible

3. @studer1972,
    If you have a wife so test it with the paint of her fingernails to test it before you buy a expensive colours! :eek:

Joe

4. Will

Will Thread Hijacker

^This is a great idea^
    I also like the concept of hi-vis ammo, good way to keep the cost of shooting low. As for colors, I have to say that the bright pink would probably show up best.
    The only problem is that your balls would be bright pink!!

5. mvd

mvd Builds with scrap

That last sentence sounds pretty awkward if you think about......

Anyway I like the idea of colouring the ammo.

6. Brazilviking

Brazilviking Thread Hijacker

Pink or light orange. Any tone of yellow may mix with grass or woods. I did it once with plastic small toy soldiers, that I use as target for my pcp airgun. Since they were green, they used to disapear on the grass. Yellow, even flurescent one , did the same. Pink and orange aways appeared easier.

7. studer1972

studer1972 scooter trash

Thanks for the input.

Pink. That's kinda what I figured. Going to get some cheap paints and give pink, chartreuse, and blaze/safety orange a try. Most of the US uses blaze orange for deer hunting clothes, road construction crews use the chartreuse, but the hi viz pink just leaps out at me.

Pink balls don't worry me. I'm already a scooter nerd, what others think of me ain't one of my higher priorities. ;)