Hi I'm new :)

Discussion in 'Welcome & Introductions' started by ErstMalEinBaum, Nov 21, 2013.

1. ErstMalEinBaum

ErstMalEinBaum Demon Hunter

Hi guys,

I used to have a slingshot when I was a kid but haven't really thought of getting one before maybe two or three weeks ago.

I am 21 years old and live near Hamburg, Germany. There is a lot of forest around so I have plenty of room to roam through :) I like to be outside, and a slingshot is a nice addition to almost any outdoor activity.

So I had the Idea to build one in my head for a while and went on a walk to see if I could dig up any passable fork to start with (I like the ones made out of natural wood better). As it happens to be I not only found one that is absolutely perfect as I will explain in a second but also it was at the end of an already chopped down tree that was lying at the side of a small Track, so I didn't even have to hurt a tree :) I don't really know what sort of tree it is but it was very fresh, propably cut no longer than one or two days ago.
    A very fine piece with an almost symetrical "Y"-Layout and even in raw form it lay so nice in my hand I knew "she was the one" :)
    so I cut it out, took the bark off with my knife (knife to meat you) and took it home to let it dry for a few days. Then I sanded it a bit (quite roughly, I always found perfectly sanded wood a bit boring) and applied some wax to it which really emphasizes the beauty of the wood without altering the colour. when I fitted the Therabands (Gold) I was honestly surprised how fast these things are, compared to the tubes I had on my last slingshot.

Anyway, I shall try and upload some graphic visualizations of said beauty and in the meantime hope to have a nice time with you guys here :)

Cheers

ErstMalEinBaum

2. JohnKrakatoa

JohnKrakatoa Loudest boom on Earth

WHY U NO POST THEM ALREADY ! :mad::D Welcome

3. ErstMalEinBaum

I would of course, but I'm at work and for some reason brought neither slingshot nor camera with me :)

4. Withak

Withak aka Whitehawk!

Welcome to the forum! Good to have you here. Sounds like you're on your way to making some nice builds, jumping right in! I'm looking forward to your photos once you can post them.

5. ErstMalEinBaum

So now I have pics, enjoy.
    I have also added my ammunition bag which I think looks really nice but is highly impractical.
    What do you guys use for transporting the ammo? I have watched the Video of Joerg visiting flippingoutslingshot where they discussed a maxpedition pack, does anyone know which one that was?

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Last edited: Nov 22, 2013
  6. Jeremy

Jeremy Senior member who totally rocks a pink Scout! Pink

Hertlichen willkomen, ich habe in der nähe von Hamburg gewohnt.

I look forward to seeing more such projects in the future.

7. beaverIII73

beaverIII73 Junior Member

It looks great, and welcome to the forum.

8. Lacumo

Lacumo Member

Welcome to SSC!

9. ErstMalEinBaum

Nice, how come you moved to Utah? Are you German by origin or moved here to study etc?
    I have about five more forks lying around, hopefully some of them will get me some good slingshots :)

beaverIII73 and Lacumo: Thank you both :)

10. Jeremy

Jeremy Senior member who totally rocks a pink Scout! Pink

I'm originally from the United States. I've been to Germany a few times: once for a few weeks with school, lived there for a few years and went back on vacation with my parents and wife.

I miss it over there. I would move back for few years again if I could.

11. ErstMalEinBaum

I see :)
    I like hamburgers very much myself. Oh, and the people from Hamburg as well of course! :)

12. Withak

Withak aka Whitehawk!

Thanks for posting the photos, your first build looks really nice. How does it shoot for you? For future reference, you can get the photos to show up right in the post by using the 'Insert Image' button on the post controls - it's the yellow one that looks like a mountain range with the sun behind it. That way folks can see them without clicking on each individual photo :)

13. ErstMalEinBaum

I have yet to shoot it properly to see how it behaves, but I can say it lays very nice in both my left and right hand.
    I could do as you suggested but that would limit me to 360k(g)b for a picture :)
    Edit: oh I misread your suggestion. I searched for that and couldn't find it, thank you, will do so immediately :)

14. JohnKrakatoa

JohnKrakatoa Loudest boom on Earth

i didnt see and cant see any photos now :(

15. WildBill

WildBill The Silly Song Guy

Willkommen. Ich freue mich zu sehen, Ihre Arbeit.

Welcome. I'm looking forward to seeing your work.

-Wild Bill

16. ErstMalEinBaum

I must say my dislike towards free image hosters is far too great to express -.-
    Stay tuned for a video though, also I just build an arrow shooter