Hi from the Netherlands

Discussion in 'Welcome & Introductions' started by Asmidin, Apr 29, 2013.

1. Asmidin

Asmidin New Member

Hi all,

My name is Asmidin (aka Ash), 31 years old and live in the Netherlands. Following the YouTube Slingshot Channel for a while now and registered about a week ago. Just admire Joerg's craftsmanship.

Slingshots in the Netherlands are a no no...
    The law forbids us / me to own and use slingshots in the Netherlands and because of this fact it's not a popular item. Our neighbour country Belgium has a slingshot club and approach the slingshot as a flok sport (i dont know if this is the correct term). I think the Netherlands need a club like this :D I can see the sportsmanship in this!

Well as you can guess I dont own any slingshots myself! But cant help the fact that I am trying to design and make some models myself. I just love and enjoy the artistry of a self made product. Have seen some wonderfull designs and shapes on the internet.

I hope to share some of my designs in the future with you all!
    Have a good one!
    Greetz

Ash

2. Y-shooter

Y-shooter Member

Welcome! Sad to hear that you cannot have a slingshot.

3. onnod

onnod Im from Holland, isnt that weird?

welcome, as another dutchy i can tell that nobody, not even police oficers have ever
    tried to stop me, the only thing the police oficer said was:"keep it in the back yard"

4. squidget

squidget Junior Member

gday Ash here in Australia there are states that have declared the humble slingshot a dangerous weapon.
    im glad this is not the case where i live but just 40 kilometers to the south and i would be arrested for carrying a concealed weapon if caught with one there.

perhaps if you had a friend over the border you could leave your slingshot there when you get one made that way you are safe?

5. Saderath

Saderath Senior Member

6. Asmidin

Asmidin New Member

Well let's "keep it in the back yard" then hahaha :)

7. FIAAO

FIAAO Failureisalwaysanoption

Welcome to the forum Ash!