Hi from New Hampshire, USA!

Discussion in 'Welcome & Introductions' started by Mixerman, Sep 11, 2013.

1. Mixerman

Mixerman New Member

Hi all,

I recently got into slingshots when I bought a cheap tourist wooden slingshot while traveling in Europe over the summer. I ripped the fork off after 20 shots and couldn't stop thinking about how much fun it was to shoot. As soon as I got back to the states I ran to the store and bought a Trumark fsx-fo. I was bitten by the bug... I discovered The Slingshot Channel and quickly Joerg became a personal hero of mine and so I had to buy myself a Dankung Panther, which I love!
    I'm one of the lucky ones with a forest behind my house, so I have access to natural forks. I just finished carving, rasping, sanding and staining my first natural, just waiting on oil finish (apply/dry/repeat). Cant wait to show it off, I'm very proud of how its coming out. I'm itching to start my next natural. I'm also very interested in modding my Panther, as well as making a multiplex slingshot.

Just wanted to introduce myself to this amazing community that combines Art, Sport, and Innovation like no other. I look forward to contributing!

That's it for today, Thanks and Bye Bye :)

2. Slagskimmer Mike

Slagskimmer Mike thinks TBG smells better than roses

Welcome Mixerman.

Sounds like you are suffering from an advanced bite from the slingshot bug.
    Soon (if not already) all objects you see will resemble either forks, ammo, elastic, or a target.

Can't wait to see your handiwork.

3. Lacumo

Lacumo Member

Welcome to TSC! I think I see a lot of natural forks (slowly drying out in your house) in your future...

4. tokSick

tokSick Senior Member

Hello and welcome to the fun!!

5. Withak

Withak aka Whitehawk!

Welcome Mixerman - a great group of folks here on the forum. We'll look forward to seeing your creations!

6. NickF

NickF New Member

Welcome Mixerman!!

7. BeMahoney

BeMahoney Builder of things

go forth, show those beautiful
    slingshots to our desperate eyes!

.. for the bug has bitten all of us!- painstakingly!..:)