Hi from Greece

Discussion in 'Welcome & Introductions' started by Skropi, Mar 19, 2018.

1. Skropi

Skropi New Member

Hello there guys. I am new in tje alingshot scene. Just bought my first cheap slingshot a week ago, and today, well, I made my first diy plywood slingshot with single thg!
    Needless to say I am hooked! My only gripe is that I cant seem to find cheap ammo. Oh well, anyway, I really enjoy the construction aspect of the hobby, and I hope I will manage to hit the barn in the forseeable future too!

dogman and Shadowfox like this.
  2. JanP

JanP Junior Member

Welcome :) ... as ammo, I could suggest several options: Most of us use bearing balls on different sizes. There are quite a few options to get them here in Germany. If you don't find any local sources, you also can order on Aliexpress. If you don't get your hands on those bearing balls, you could go with M6 or M8 bolt nuts. And a secret tip: Glass marbles for children (sometimes they can be found in 99ct stores).

3. Knallfrosch

Knallfrosch Senior Member

Welcome. Another cheap ammo is selfmade clayballs... you need a shovel, a bucket , some water and clay earth...roll the muddy clay into the size of your liking an let them dry in the sun... voila... the cheapest ammo there is;)

Here is the respective youtube video

4. Shadowfox

Shadowfox New Member

If you do shoot marbles make sure your pouch is big enough to hold it properly or youl be making your next diy plywood frame real soon!

Skropi likes this.
  5. Shadowfox

Shadowfox New Member

hey skropi, thought you might like a like as thanks for your own like because lots like saving likes up!

6. Shadowfox

Shadowfox New Member

seriously though i had this nice little beechwood shooter with tiny little pouch which was really just for bb and i killed it in about an hour of plinking with marbles! :(

7. Skropi

Skropi New Member

Yep, pouch size does matter :) Anyway, I am shooting exclusively 9.5mm steel now!

8. Shadowfox

Shadowfox New Member

Lucky you! I can only get 9mm in uk or..... :( maaarbles

9. Skropi

Skropi New Member

You can order from kugel-winnie.de, or maybe try simply-bearings.uk?

10. Shadowfox

Shadowfox New Member

Ok I'll check them out thx, what i really wanna try though is 12mm

11. dogman

dogman New Member

Try fullmarks hunting on eBay, the usually have all sizes and they are cheap

12. JimRhodo

JimRhodo Junior Member

Simply Bearings provide a fantastic service. Fast simple and not the most expensive by a long way. They even have a catapult ammo category and free postage.

13. Skropi

Skropi New Member

Unfortunately no free postage Greece :(