He's infected

Discussion in 'General Slingshot Discussions' started by AngelicScars, Dec 12, 2013.

1. AngelicScars

AngelicScars MILF of the board

My husband cut down half a tree in our backyard for a fork the other day. :eek:It's a big one, so I think he'd be able to draw out a nice design if he wanted to. I've passed the infection on. :cool:

2. RRRsdragger

RRRsdragger New Member

3. Withak

Withak aka Whitehawk!

Ha ha ha! It spreads! A couple of months back we had to trim some oak trees in our yard to get some branches away from the house. I've never been so excited to prune! My wife, still not infected. My daughter, starting to show symptoms :)

4. AngelicScars

Our trees have no low branches, I'm so very disappointed about that. BUT, there is a neighbor with a tree-like bush in their front yard that is completely stripped. I saw 3 pretty forks on that thing. If only it was in our yard.

5. Triphammer

Triphammer New Member

Tell them this is the time of year to trim for shape & that you don't mind helping. Heck you'll even do it for them if they're too busy.

6. BeMahoney

BeMahoney Builder of things

Forks

Good to hear all that! We're heading for the
    golden age of rubber! :)

Greetings to all of you!

Be

7. 4foruglenncoco

4foruglenncoco Member

Infected? More like blessed :D

8. Drew_Bilbrey

Drew_Bilbrey Drew Bilbrey

Congrats! My wife has been wanting to make a slingshot now that she's seen all the ones I've been making. And a coworker of mine has started building them too. Much better than me I might add. Lol

9. AngelicScars

I'm glad I finally got my husband into all of this.
    I also got my friend into it too! He already has his scout, but I'm the one with the catch box! He is going to have to come over and shoot when he gets some free time. :)

10. Withak

Withak aka Whitehawk!

Sweet! You're getting your own little slingshot group going. Don't forget to get the rest of them on the forum too ;)

11. Jeremy

Jeremy Senior member who totally rocks a pink Scout! Pink

I wish I could spread the infection on to my wife.

12. sonnyboy204

sonnyboy204 Target Misser

If this were in real life I would totally make a joke about that, jeremy haha. But since I'm not sure my twisted sense of humor would hit it off around here Ill just keep quiet :)

13. Skorps

Skorps Senior Member

+1 Haha

14. Bushmaster

Bushmaster New Member

Mrs. Bushmaster was a bit embarrassed when I spotted the fork on this broken branch and had to get it into the SUV while folks in the restaurant looked on. It really was broken by the wind...really!

Attached Files:

15. sonnyboy204

sonnyboy204 Target Misser

I did something similar the other day. The city went and took down some bothersome branches and left them on the side of a city street. Its very snowy so the banks are about a meter high from snow clearance and this branch was under it. I dug it out while my family cringed in the car and I took out my little Swiss Army knife and went to work. Its also very cold so I gave up on it about halfway through and just snapped it. Take a look!

Walnut for scale.

Attached Files:

Last edited: Dec 15, 2013
  16. AngelicScars

Well, the fork cracked all the way to the core along with several other very deep cracks. I think he dried it too fast. Not sure what happened as I wasn't involved with his. He's going to have to go out and find another and start over.

17. BeMahoney

BeMahoney Builder of things

You are a tough Lady, I fear!
    Guess it's definitely you to wear the hat :)
    He is going to have to go out...
    And I bet you are telling who's got to do
    what chores... Oh, oh

:)

18. buckshot500

buckshot500 Hoonigan Jeeper

That stinks it cracked.

I was looking the other day and thinking what if i find a good one and it splits in the microwave.

I guess I'll have to get more exercise walking in the woods. Now is the perfect time though, with the leaves off the trees.

19. WildBill

WildBill The Silly Song Guy

It cracked? Great! Now he's learned a bit on how NOT to dry a fork. He's now welcome to come here and share his experience so that other won't make the same mistake. See? He's more valuable to the Slingshot Community now.

-Wild Bill

20. Bushmaster

Bushmaster New Member

Notice: SAVE THOSE CRACKED FORKS! I have an untested idea I'm going to try as soon as I get another deeply cracked fork. Hope to show you soon.