Here's Kelly!!!!

Discussion in 'Show off your homemades!' started by KnuckieG, Aug 3, 2013.

1. KnuckieG

KnuckieG New Member

Grants glove shot.JPG grants re-do.JPG

This is Kelly she is my mate Steve's and my latest experiment. It's a combination of two unusual slingshots the starship and gloveshot. The thinking behind this is that after playing guitar for 3 decades my hand and wrist are a bit cranky and as cool as starships are I could never see why the pistol grips weren't parallel? So this is the result! We decided not to use extended forks as we need to test to see alls ok. I'm very very excited about this one I've a feeling it could take an Elephant out lol! Ballistic Goggles at the ready ;) :D

link to catty folder = https://www.facebook.com/media/set/?set=a.536640813068086.1073741825.149381271794044&type=3

link to the main page :) = https://www.facebook.com/pages/Harts-Wood-Crafts/149381271794044

Last edited: Aug 3, 2013
  2. Brazilviking

Brazilviking Thread Hijacker

3. MaddyMax

MaddyMax New Member

great idea. think about extending the draw length even more and put the fork more to the front (or the handle to the back).

normal starships tend to tilt to the side. with this horizontally grip this would not likely happen.

Last edited: Aug 3, 2013
  4. KnuckieG

KnuckieG New Member

Thanks BV! Steve is an incredible talent! This design may require tweaking but I'll experiment ttf at different heights see how ott goes. I much prefer shooting sideways but my worry is will my wrist be too strained with the bands pulled tight? It's like figuring out Aikido your joints are made to bend! Lots of testing to come but lots of potential too :) a gangsta style gloveshot/starship whodathunkit? Lmao! :D This kind of stuff is why I'm here :)

5. KnuckieG

KnuckieG New Member

Great suggestions!!! It's the awkward angle causing uneven pull at the pouch doing it I suspect? I was going to buy a skateboard and a cupboard handle to try as a tester but Steve offered to make this beauty!!! I know slaps are likely but wearing a glove won't affect grip too much as the parallel handle enables a slacker hold. It's all theoretical at the mo I don't have her yet :) . If it's a success then I hope people with disabilities can enjoy the sport more fully using this design.

6. MaddyMax

MaddyMax New Member

if the draw weight of the bands is in the right ratio to the ammo weight and the pouch isn't made of too stiff leather and not connected to the bands with too much rubber or cordage, the handslaps are not that noticable.

7. KnuckieG

KnuckieG New Member

Thank you valuable advice :)

8. Brazilviking

Brazilviking Thread Hijacker

I would not worry about hand hits.....usually this design is safe....but that "gangland grip" may offer risk to the thumb, anatomiclly higher than the other fingers, and as you may notice, we cannot flip the wrist quickly in the dorsal direction of the hand! (Extensor muscles of the wrist are not made or quick response)
    Take care!

9. KnuckieG

KnuckieG New Member

I completely agree with your points. Once I am able to test then I can see where tweaks are needed most. I was wondering about this sort of design but reversed if you see what I mean so that your hand and arm are totally protected.

[​IMG]

As I mentioned before I was thinking of experimenting with skateboards the possibilities for designs and paint jobs are endless! Certainly making it more starship like with extended forks in the future is a likelihood but you know how it is the more you extend a cattie the more you multiply headaches. GOOD headaches though lol! :)

Last edited: Aug 4, 2013
  10. FIAAO

FIAAO Failureisalwaysanoption

Looks great! Well done :)

11. KnuckieG

KnuckieG New Member

Thanks! :) Can't wait to get my hands on her! I've some 306grain slugs I can't wait to shoot with this beauty! ;)